13: Sister

"Come in, come in

"Come in, come in." Elena stated, pulling me into the house.

"You did it? You turned?" Elena asked as I walked through the front door. She was biting her lip, attempting not to smile. Tears brimmed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around me. "Thank god. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again."

I wrapped my arms around her at first, fully open to an Elena hug right now. The goodness of it only lasted a few seconds, then I my mind started wandering to blood. I could hear Elena's blood moving through her veins, I could feel her neck pulsating against my hair. "Elena, you have to let go of me." I muttered, but she was squeezing me too tight for it to come out coherently.

I closed my eyes and took multiple deep breaths, "Elena." I warned as I moved my hands from her back to her sides. When I opened my eyes again, I could feel the veins underneath them, as well as the fangs growing in place of my canines. I moved my head slightly, my mouth now centimeters away from Elena's neck.

"Just let me hug you for a second, I thought you were dead this morning." Elena said, ignoring my warning, keeping her arms wrapped around my back. I had enough strength to push her off if i wanted, but I wanted to drink her blood, not push her away.

I opened my mouth, breathing in one last time, getting a good smell of her blood. I couldn't control myself anymore, every ounce of me wanted to rip her throat out, but I knew she was my sister, I never wanted to hurt my sister.

I closed my eyes again, the need for her blood growing stronger as I pushed both my fangs through all seven layers of skin; feeling each layer break as I went through. "Blair!" Elena screamed, but I couldn't stop even if I wanted to. "Blair, stop! You're hurting me!"

I could hear every word Elena was saying, and it echoed throughout my head, but I didn't budge. "Please, B." Elena's hands moved to my shoulders, trying to push me off, but failing. "Alaric!" She screamed, either her tears or blood wetting my hair, making it stick to my shoulder and neck.

Ric came running down the stairs, stopping on the last step to take in what was happening before coming down completely. "Blair," Ric said, grabbing my shoulders, "Blair!" He yelled again before he ripped me off of Elena.

I backed towards the door, looking at Elena as Ric grabbed my old jacket off the coat rack and pushed it against Elena's neck. Blood was dripping down my chin as my fangs and the veins under my eyes went away. "Oh my god." I muttered, my hands going up to cover my mouth. Ric stood with Elena, holding the jacket against the wound. "I-I didn't mean to do that. I- I tried to push you away. I- tried to warn you."

My eyes started to fill with tears as I shook my head. My breathing began getting shaky, coming out in small amounts. "I'm sorry, Elena. I'm so so sorry."