34: Calls From The Past

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
" calls from the past "

      I ran my hands over Damon's bed, searching for my ringing phone

      I ran my hands over Damon's bed, searching for my ringing phone. After Caroline and I finished talking, i returned back to the boarding house to talk with Jenna, who wouldn't even look at me. I gave up after ten minutes of nothing but one sided apologies. So now i was laying in Damon's bed, who was no where to be found, looking for my phone. I finally found it under the giant comforter, and lost my breath as i read the name on the screen.

      Million's of horrible things ran through my head as i considered the reason's that Magnolia could be calling me. The worst one being that she somehow became a vampire and remembered me. My eye's couldn't fight back the tears as I imagined Maggie's being killed. "Maggie?" My voice was barely audible as i forced her name out of my throat.

      The only possible option of her remembering me is that she died. That or it just wore off because it was my first time compelling someone, but why would it take so long to wear off if i was that bad at it? "Hey, Blair?" Her voice was confused, but she sounded happy. I hoped that if she didn't hate me. She was probably confused as to why i even compelled her. Hell, i was confused as to why i compelled her. I knew it'd protect her from Klaus, because there was no way he could use her against me if she didn't remember me.

      The idea of her remembering me made my chest warm. If i had the chance to really talk to her again, i think I'd tell her everything. About vampires, and the sacrifice, everything. With Tyler gone, it'd be nice to have Maggie to talk to again, even if it is just over the phone. "Sorry for calling, but i was just cleaning out my phone and i seen your contact name so,"

      Maggie dragged out the O in so before coming to a pause. I smiled, she actually remembered me and wanted to talk to me. "I was just wondering," She paused again, and i guessed that she'd ask one of the following questions. "How are you?", "What are you?", "Why did i forget about you?" But my heart broke when she didn't ask any of those. "How do we know each other? I can't remember knowing any Blair's, but you seem to know me because you answered by saying my name."

      A few tears ran down my cheeks as i sat on the bed silently, my lips parted. She didn't remember me.

      Maggie must've taken my silence as hurt, and though it was, it wasn't for the reason she thought. "I'm really sorry that i don't remember. I Googled the name Blair Gilbert, and i found a few things. An article about your parent's deaths, which I'm really sorry about. That must've been terrible for you and your family. I also found an old myspace page that was private, and may have not even been yours. And then i found your instagram.

      "I still didn't think i really knew you until i started scrolling through your feed, and there were a lot of pictures of me, and us on there. I don't remember the name Blair Gilbert in the slightest, but your face is vaguely familiar, and we seemed pretty close. If i recall correctly, i think i saw a comment i made about kissing you before. And so i tried thinking even harder about a Blair Gilbert, and i still cant remember the name, but I've been dreaming about your face lately.