8: Masquerade

"How's it going?" I whispered, standing near the front door so Elena wouldn't know i was on the phone

"Slowly. The witch just put the spell on the room." Damon sighed, "Elena still unsuspicious?"

"Yeah, she's pretty distracted with Jenna. She's already asked me three times to text all of you, to find out where you are. I said that you were the only one that replied, but all you said was you were busy and you'd text me later." I said, looking at the couch, where only Jenna laid. "I'll call you back."

I walked into the kitchen, where Ric was leaning towards Elena, whispering. "-let this one go, Elena."

I squinted at Ric as i sighed, "Please tell me you didn't tell her."

"That Stefan went to the party, yeah, i told her." Ric stated. Elena just looked between us, angrily.

-

I flinched slightly when Elena opened and shut the front door quietly. "Where do you think your going?" I asked, sitting on the swing with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

"What are you doing out here?" Elena asked, attempting to hide the keys behind her back.

I shook the half empty bottle weakly, "Jenna isn't big on me drinking, so i couldn't necessarily do it while sitting beside her on the couch. Your turn."

"I'm just coming to get some fresh air." Elena smiled small, as if she were telling the truth.

"Right, and you need car keys to breath, makes complete since." I smiled back at her. "You're not going to the party, E."

"Something is going on, something that made everyone avoid me, so its gotta be important." Elena shrugged, showing the keys. "I have to know what's happening. And you're not going to stop me."

I sighed, "If you were meant to know what's going on, then the meeting this morning would have included you. You have to trust that we're keeping you out of this for a good reason, Elena. "

"Meeting? There was a meeting to discuss whatever is going on? Seriously?" Elena furrowed her brows. "Blair, if something is happening, you have to tell me! If i don't know, then its about me, right? What if whatever is going on tonight gets someone killed? I'd die of guilt!"

"Dying of guilt is better than actually dying." I stated, pressing my lips into a straight line before taking a swig of the Jack.

"Tell me what's going on, or i'll go and find out myself." Elena crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fine, fine." I sighed again, standing up. "Damon and Stefan are going to kill Katherine. She made a plan for them to meet up, so they could give her the moonstone. Damon, Stefan, Jeremy, Bonnie and Caroline are all a part of it. Nobodies going to get hurt, because as far as Katherine knows, she's going to get the moonstone without any problems."