23: Cabin

"It was a complete accident

   "It was a complete accident. A slip, like you said." I said, blush still on my cheeks as I tried to explain myself. Both Damon and I were smiling, though I tried to hide mine. "Just a slip."

   "It wouldn't have slipped unless it was already on your mind." Damon's grin turned to a smirk. Elena and Stefan were in the living room talking about something whilst Damon and I were on the porch. "Come on, B, you can just admit it. You love me, you have since the second you seen me standing behind Caroline at that dinner party."

   "Ha-ha, no." I shook my head, pointing at him, "you were an ass, I definitely didn't love you then."

   "So that means you love me other times - perhaps, now?" Damon squinted as he questioned, sitting on a chair near the door.

   I huffed, cheeks still rosy as I sat on the table in front of him. "Whether I love you or not, I definitely didn't want the first time I told you to be over the phone."

   "Then where would you have wanted to tell me?" Damon leaned forward, resting his hands on the sides of my thighs.

   "I don't know." I shrugged, "over dinner? Cuddling in bed? Face-to-face?" I let out a small laugh, "I freaked when I said it, I called Caroline and she had to calm me down."

"Why would you freak out about it?"

"Because the two people I thought I loved, I lost." I shook my head, "I wanted to keep it to myself that I loved you, because I was scared that after you knew, I'd lose you too."

Damon let a small smile grow on his face, moving his hands from my legs to my face, "you don't need to worry, because I'm not going anywhere, and I love you, too."

I smiled quickly before he kissed me, pulling away with a confused smirk, "two people? Who other than Stefan have you thought you loved?"

"He's nobody, an asshole who doesn't deserve to be talked about." I smiled falsely, "are you sure you can't stay the night? Can't 'the fort' hold itself together for eight hours?"

"We have a pack of angry werewolves and some original vampires against us, Blair."

"I know, I get that, but isn't that just another reason you should stay here? Those werewolves happen to be biggest anti-you fans. There are at least half a dozen of them who will come after you. Who's going to help you if the two vampires who are willing to help, are six hours away?"

"This will be a good way to tell if Elijah is loyal to Elena's deal." Damon patted my thigh, "I'll call you daily, and text you throughout the day. You have nothing to worry about."

   I only sighed with a silent five minutes following, "i have to get going if I want to be back in Mystic Falls before morning. I'll call you when I get there." Damon stood as he spoke, myself doing the same. "Blair, I promise I will be okay. I'll see you in a few days."