33: Vampires

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
" vampires "

         "Where's Elena?" I asked as I spread out in front of the fire place with a bottle of vodka beside me

"Where's Elena?" I asked as I spread out in front of the fire place with a bottle of vodka beside me. "I thought for sure she'd be here scolding you to death for letting her best friend die."

"Elena completely fine, she's probably with Stefan somewhere." Damon said as he sat down beside me. I glanced at him, confused. If I was this upset, then Elena was surely about to set the world on fire. "Bonnie's fine, B. She faked her death - or I mean, she was technically dead. Her heart stopped, but only for long enough to appear dead. She's hiding out with Jeremy."

I sat up so quickly that the bottle fell over and splashed into the fireplace. The flames grew, causing both Damon and I to scoot away from fire place. "If Klaus thinks she's dead, he thinks we have no cards to play. She's our secret weapon."

I slapped his arm, "what the hell!"

"What?" Damon ran his hand over his arm, as if I actually hurt him. "I thought you'd be happy to hear she was alive!"

"I'm ecstatic that she's alive, but I'm pissed that you didn't tell me!" I hit him again, "who was all in on it?"

"Just Bonnie, Jeremy and me." Damon leaned back, holding himself up with the ball of his hands. "We wanted to tell you, but we also needed all reactions to be genuine. Yours, especially. Klaus knows you so he needed to see your reaction, and he would have known if you faked it."

I huffed, knowing I wasn't great at fake crying, but Damon didn't need to know that. "I happen to be a great actress, alright? I can fake cry like that," I snapped, showing how quickly I could cry, though I was lying. "You could have told me."

"But your real reaction wasn't even crying. You just ran out." Damon tilted his head to look at me, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it was for Bonnie's safety."

I only nodded, letting out another sigh. Stefan came down the stairs quickly, "I didn't know you were still home." Damon switched his gaze over to his brother.

"I just woke up," Stefan ran his hand through his hair, "have either of you heard from Elena?"

I shrugged, not having a clue. She's always with Stefan, and when she isn't, she's with Bonnie, or home by herself. I assume with Klaus on the loose she wouldn't go home, and with Bonnie in hiding, she's not with her. "She used to run, maybe she's out running?" I suggested, knowing it's more than likely wrong.

Stefan shrugged, glancing around the room, his eyes landing on the basement door - which was designed to not look like a door, but like the wall. "Did one of you open that?"