17: Not-Boyfriend

"Alright, we have a lot to do today because I have to leave tonight

"Alright, we have a lot to do today because I have to leave tonight. So, we'll go to the Grill for lunch, then we could go meet your not-boyfriend Damon, then your sister if she wants to. And I want to meet my replacement." Magnolia smiled, planning our day out.

"Technically, you were Tyler's replacement." I laughed, as I looked in the mirror. Maggie was sitting on my bed, watching me do my makeup.

"I meant Caroline, but I'd like to meet Tyler as well." Maggie stated. After we dropped the subject of Nick, I told Maggie everything - and by everything, I mean nothing supernatural related. "And any of your other friends! Oh, and Jeremy. I've always been into younger boys, and I'm looking for a new boyfriend."

"Okay, one, you're twenty-one, Maggie, my brother is sixteen. Very much Illegal. And two, I wouldn't let you date my brother even if he was legal." I laughed, staring at her through the mirror. "He's got a girlfriend anyways."

"Right, right. Bonnie." Maggie groaned, "no boys in Mystic Falls are up for grabs."

"You'll be back in Chicago within the next ten hours, so there's no need for a Mystic Falls lover anyways." I shook my head, finishing my mascara. "Are you ready? If we leave now you can meet Matt."

"Yep." Maggie smiled, the two of us making our way downstairs and to my car.

+

"Isn't it hard being here?" Maggie whispered as we sat in a booth opposite the bar.

I laughed nervously, "what do you mean?" I didn't think she knew about vampires but when she asked me my first thought was about blood.

"Being around alcohol?" Maggie whispered, and I don't know why. I let out a relieved sigh. "I didn't even think about it. We didn't talk about that. I thought that if I was able to be around if without wanting to drink, you would be to."

"Oh, no. I'm fine." I smiled, "I don't crave alcohol anymore."

"Good." Maggie smiled as well, going back into a normal tone. "That's good."

"Yeah." Matt spotted us from the bar and walked over.

"How are you doing?" Matt asked, handing each of us a menu, and giving me a glass of bourbon.

"I'm good, Matty." I pushed the glass back towards him, shaking my head. "I don't need this."

"You sure? Stefan said-" Matt tried to whisper as he glanced at Maggie.

"I know what Stefan says, but I don't need it today. I'm having a good day." I insisted, changing the subject. "this is my friend, Magnolia Stroud. We were roommates in Chicago."

Matt looked back at Maggie, "Matt Donovan, nice to meet you."

"Ditto." Maggie smirked, shaking Matt's hand.

"Matt is dating Caroline." I added, and Maggie's smirk fell. I smiled small, "Matt, could you get me a Siera Mist, and Maggie a Pepsi."

"Yeah," Matt nodded, taking the Bourbon away. Right as Matt turned around, Maggie kicked me.

"Why would he just assume you'd want a bourbon?" Maggie crossed her arms over her chest and leaned them on the table.

"It's not what you think, Maggie." I shook my head, "Matt thinks-" I paused, "okay, I really don't know how to explain it so can we just forget that happened?"

"Uh, no?! Blair, you were a drug addict, and alcohol is a drug. I've been in your position, I relapsed, I don't want you to go through that!" Maggie shook her head. "You worked so hard in rehab to get clean, you were my inspiration to get clean, to stay clean. So please tell me you aren't drinking."

Before I could say anything, Damon was sitting beside Maggie with his arm around her shoulder, looking her in the eyes. "Blair isn't drinking, and you didn't see Matt offer her any bourbon. Got it?"

"Got it." Maggie stated in monotone.

I groaned, "did you really have to compel her?"

"I mean, I didn't have to, but I'm pretty sure you wanted me to." Damon smiled, "who is she?"

"I'm Maggie." Maggie's voice returned to her normal one. "You must be the not-boyfriend."

"Is that what I'm called?" Damon's smiled changed to a smirk.

"I don't know what else to call you, so yeah, that's what your called." I smiled falsely as Matt brought mine and Maggie's drinks.

"What about just the sexy bad boy that I'm in love with?" Damon asked, causing Matt to scoff and Maggie to grin.

"But that whole sentence is entirely invalid." I smirked, noticing Matt's impatience, I turned back towards him. "Can I get a cheese burger with no onions and extra pickles?"

"Mhm, I could have never guessed that you would have ordered the same thing as the last thousand times you've ate here." Matt wrote down my order with a small smile. "And for you, Magnolia?"

"A chicken Caesar salad, please." Maggie smiled, handing both our menus to Matt.

"What do you want Damon?" Matt asked, not happy at all now.

"Oh I can't eat. I have a cure to find." Damon stated, Matt only nodding for a second before walking away.

"How's that going?" I asked, although I'm not a big fan of Rose, I don't want her dead.

"Not good. I met with Jules, and all she told me was that Rose had a few days to live." Damon groaned, "I'm going to find a way to fix her though. What's your plan for the day? Would you mind checking on Rose and Elena?"

"Yeah, I can do that. Maggie wants to meet Elena anyways."

Damon smiled, "thanks. Gotta go." Damon stood, kissing my cheek slightly before leaving the Grill.

Maggie grinned ear to ear, "I so ship you two."

+

I really hope this chapter is okay. I struggled for a bit, but decided to post it anyways. please vote and comment. :)

question : first fandom you were a part of?
answer : glee, heyo.