Chapter 1

Make sure you read The Substitute Teacher first otherwise everything may not make sense <3

Joey's P.O.V.

I would like to tell you that I miss Daniel. I would like to tell you that I am still in love with him. But unfortunatley I am not in love with him anymore. I know that sounds harsh. I held on to the thought that we would get back together. I thought that everything would work out and we would be happy and perfect. But at some point reality set in. And I realized that was never going to happen.

When someone breaks your heart as much as Daniel broke mine, it is hard to keep your feelings for them. It is hard to say I love you to the person that caused you pain. It is hard to say I love you to someone who cheated on you. When said to an undeserving person, I love you makes you feel sick to your stomach. At some point that is how I felt with Daniel.

I have been dating Preston, a guy that I met at a bar, for 4 months now. Sure, I don't see him that often. But he loves me. And I love him. I don't really know what he does when I don't see him for days. I am assuming it is something work related.

Everyday Daniel texts me good morning and everyday Daniel texts me goodnight. It is something he has always done. Everymorning and night when my phone dings I can tell it bothers Preston (when he is there to hear it). He always scoffs or rolls his eyes. I always read the message, even though I know what it is going to say. I read it because I can't completely let go of Daniel no matter how much I want to. I never reply. No matter how much I want to.

I haven't seen Daniel in over a year. In that year alot has changed. My YouTube career took off. After college they did end up giving me a partnership. I make videos for a living and I love every second of it. Well, almost every second.

I read the comments on each video. And on each video they all are pressuring me to come out. What they don't understand is that your sexuality doesn't define you. Of course I should tell them. I feel like I am living a lie with them. I am always going out on dates with Preston but they don't know it. Even when my channel wasn't that big they didn't know about Daniel.

Preston doesn't really like my job. He always says that I won't make it that far. It hurts when someone you love doesn't support you in all aspects of your life. Daniel always believed in me. Daniel always told me to reach for the stars and never settle for less. But that doesn't matter. Because I am happier with Preston. Or so I think...

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
S

o this is super short but don't worry. After the plot gets rolling they will be much longer (a few more chapters). Let me know if you like it so far! If you have anything you want me to do in this story let me know and I will if it fits with how I want the ending to go ;)
See you guys tomorrow xoxo <3