Chapter 31

Joey's P.O.V.

Light peeks through the cracks in my eyes. They try to close back but I fight them as much as I can. Soon enough, my eyes fully open. They still feel like closing, so I have to put forth alot of effort to not let them shut.

The door opens and a nurse comes in and looks shocked whenever she sees i'm awake.
"You're awake?" She says almost as if it is a miracle.
"I should assume so," I say with a little chuckle. My head begins to throb.
"To tell you the truth, none of us thought you would wake up. You took a pretty hard fall. You're a miracle," she says walking out of the room, i'm assuming to go get a doctor. Miracle huh?

It feels like ages until a doctor comes in to talk to me and make sure everything is fine. It is just a bunch of question and 'does this hurt?'. He writes some things down on my clip board. Unfortunatley, he told me I have to stay in here for another week just to make sure nothing goes wrong. But he leaves me to sit and listen to the beeps of my heart monitor.

"Someone's here to see you," the nurse says opening the door. Preston walks in. My heart sinks a little. Yes I love him, but I wanted to see Daniel first.
"Baby," he says and throws his body on top of mine.
"You're hurting me," I say with a slight chuckle just to make him not feel bad, because it hurt like hell.
"I'm sorry," he says and then kisses me. But he doesn't kiss me the way I like. No, he does it out of lust and hunger. My stomach begins to churn but luckily he pulls away.
"The doctors say I have to stay in here for another week," I say out of breath from him kissing me.
"That sucks ass. I wanted to take you home with me tonight," he says pouting a little.
"I know but they are just trying to be cautious," I say trying to not keep on the subject of him taking me home. I know he wants to have sex with me. I'm still a virgin though and the thought of being that close to him terrifies me. Which, probably isn't a good thing.
"Well, I am going to go. If you need anything please call me," he says giving me one last choking kiss before walking out of the room.

A tear slips down my cheek as the clock gets closer and closer to 8. It makes me sad because 9 is when visiting hours are over and Daniel still hasn't come to see me. Of course we aren't dating. But i've just gotten so close to him that it doesn't feel right not to see him right now.

The clock strikes 8:17 p.m. The door opens. And a tall, green eyed, dark haired man walks in. And at that moment my heart skipped a beat.

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
Hey guys. I know I updated... surprise. I had so many tests, projects, ect. to work on last week and I didn't want to post crappy updates. However, I am now on spring break! So that means I will definetly update atleast once a day but maybe two or three times!! I love you all! Xoxo, Kaylin