Chapter 5

Joey's P.O.V.

I can see the relief in Daniel's eyes when he gets in my car. I am still a little out of it considering I just found Preston cheating on my. The whole car ride was silent. I faced forward but I could feel Daniel's gaze burning into the side of my head. I wasn't going to meet his eyes. But I did feel a little blush creep up on my cheeks. Why am I blushing?

We get to my house. Obviously it is different from my old one with my parents. When I open the front door he looks around with awe.
"You're house looks beautiful," he says with a sincere smile.
"Thanks," I say walking up to my room. Daniel follows. I don't mind because I need someone to help me throw all of Preston's shit outside. I begin to grab all of his clothes and a few other things I can fit in my hands. Daniel looks at me confused.
"Will you grab the rest of his clothes?" I say asking very nicely. Daniel nods his head with a slight smirk. Whenever he smiles it always makes me smile. But I hide my face so he can't tell. He grabs the rest of his clothes and we walk down the stairs. Then we take his clothes and put it on the bike path in front of my house. A tear slips down my cheek but I try not to make sound. And well, I failed.
"Joey, are you okay?" Daniel says walking in front of me looking me up and down as if I am a sick puppy.
"I'm fine. Now, can we please go inside and get this talking over with?" I say pointing me hand towards my front door.
"Of course," Daniel says, well whispers. One thing about Daniel is that my emotions have always effected him more than his own.

We walk in the house and I sit on one end of the couch while he sits on the other. I finally was able to get myself under control and stop crying. Now more than ever I need a hug but I don't think I can take one from Daniel.
"So what did you want to talk about?" I say taking a deep breath in and letting it out.
"Who is Preston?" Daniel says. At the mention of his name my body shakes a little.
"Well up until a couple of hours ago he was my boyfriend," I say very harshly. And I think Daniel is picking up on my tone.
"So he cheated on you," he says slowly as if he is trying to believe it himself.
"Yep. I should get some award for being out through that twice," I say. My anger is coming out more now. Not towards Preston. Not towards Daniel. But towards myself. I keep opening myself up to the wrong people and getting hurt. I don't think I could take another person cheating on me.
"Joey I-" I cut him off because I am about to loose it.
"Did you really love me? Or was I just your toy?" I say looking him in the eyes. A tear slips down my cheek again. But honestly, I have to be used to it now.
"Joey I loved you then. Joey I love you now. You have never been a toy to me. You were always something much more than that. You brought me to light when I was starting to dim. Just your presence made my heart skip a beat. Just hearing your name made me want to hug you. I love you Joey. And I never meant to hurt you," he said. By the end of it he was in tears.
"If you loved me so much why did you cheat on me?" I say in a whisper. Usually whispering something is scarier than saying it loud.
"Because I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. That guy was a mistake," he says. I can tell he is upset with himself by the way he shakes his head at the mention of the other guy.
"Why didn't you just tell me?" I say. I choked a little on my words as they got out because the crying is making my throat tighter.
"I wanted to. I really did. But I thought it wasn't that big of a deal since it didn't mean anything," he says. Oh and his answer fills me with rage.
"You thought it was no big deal?" I say standing up and grabbing a newspaper and throwing it across the room, "well no shit it was a big deal! Daniel I loved you. I put all my trust in you. And you go and have sex with another guy? And then you don't tell me? How can you expect someone to be okay with that?!" I say standing in front of him now. I can tell my yelling scared him a little.
"I-I can't," he says gripping his face and dragging his hand down it.
"Daniel, I still love you. It's just I can't trust you now and you can't expect me to," I say softening my tone and sitting back down.
"Then why won't you take me back?" He says. I can see hope in his eyes but sadly I am going to have to burn it out.
"Daniel! I loved you and you cheated on me! Daniel, I need time to replace what I gave away," I say a little more confident now.
"Okay. If that is what you want, Joey. Can you drive me back to the café?" He says. I can tell he is very tierd. It is about 9 at night now. How did we talk that long?
"You can stay here. If you want. You know cause it is kinda late," I say trying to sound casual about it. In all honesty, I want Daniel here. Everytime I would sleep next to Preston I would wish it was Daniel.
"Okay," he says with a little smile. I go upstairs and grab some blankets and pillows for him.
"Here you go," I say with a smile. I'm not mad at Daniel anymore. I am just hurt by the way he treated me.

I am walking up the stairs and stop when Daniel begins to say something to me, "Oh and Joey. I won't give up."
And with that I walk to my bed. The whole night I don't sleep. Because my mind is clouded with one thought. What if I am not giving up either?