Chapter 11

Joey's P.O.V.

   Yes. I wanted Daniel to leave. But I can't quite figure out why it was so hard to watch him go. It is almost like I don't hate Daniel. Maybe I just hate that he hurt me.

   "Do you want to come in?" I say to Preston motioning inside. 
   "Oh yeah. Um sure," he says scratching the back of his head and sitting on my couch. I shut the door and follow him. I sit one section away from him. I really can't be that close to him either.
   "Okay. So what do you want to talk about?" I say looking him in the eyes. His eyes are very glassy. As if he has been holding back tears. I hate when people don't want to show their true emotions to me. It is like they are hiding their true selves just to look stronger. But in reality we all are a little weak.
   "Well first of all I want to know why Daniel was here?" He says in a bit of an elevated tone. A tone I remember all too well.
   "Same reason you're here. Trying to clear up the elephant in the room," I say as if it wasn't obvious enough.
   "Well did you take him back?" He says. Shit, how dumb is he going to play.
   "No. Can you please get on with what you wanted to say before you saw Daniel?" I say scooting back further away from him. The tone he is taking with me is making me want to curl into a ball and cry.
   "Okay. Well you know I am not good at apologies so here it goes. Joey, I love you. You're the only one that I have ever loved. I am so sorry I treated you like fucking shit. You don't deserve to be treated awfully you deserve to be treated like a princess. Will you take me back?" He says. His eyes aren't glassy anymore. It is as if now that he let the words go that he is much more calm.
   "Why did you do it?" I say looking him straight in the eyes. I am trying to detect any emotion out of him. It isn't working to well though.
   "Why did I do what?" He says I guess trying to sound inoccent. I slam my hand on the coffee table and some of the glass breaks off on to my hand.
   "STOP FUCKING PLAYING ME AND TELL ME WHY YOU DID IT!" I yell at the top of my lungs because at this point I am furious.
   "Have you ever heard the saying you never know what you have until it is gone?" He says as if I didn't just slam my hand into a glass coffee table. I nod my head and he continues, "Well, I didn't realize how much you meant to me. I guess I just always want something more but I didn't realize I was at the ladder with you, Joey. Can we start back where we were?" He says. My mind is clouding. It is filled with the people I have to choose between. Daniel or Preston. What came out of my mouth I never wanted to say again. I fought the words for a minute but my brain over powered my heart.
   "Yes. I will take you back. I um, I love you," I say going over to him and climbing onto his lap kissing him. But as I am kissing him only one thought is running through my mind:

       What did I just get myself into?

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
I had to write this twice but I am much happier with how this ine turned out. Anyways, let me know if you are enjoying the sequel! I know I am enjoying writing it. Do you think Janiel will ever be a thing? Or do you think Joey won't take him back? Let me know!! See y'all next update xoxo <3