Chapter 17

Joey's P.O.V.

   I was about to walk away. I was about to walk away from the love of my life forever. And then I heard one last thing.
   "Joey one day you're going to remember me and how much I loved you. Then you're going to hate yourself for letting me go. So maybe one day I will be what you need. But don't wait too long. Because the day you want me may be the day I have finally given up," Daniel says to me as I open the door to my car. I look at him with a blank expression as I think about telling him I lied and I love him.

   I open my mouth to speak but shut it immediatley. I get in my car and I feel the tear roll down my cheek. Good thing I am far away so Daniel couldn't see it. I start the car and drive away from the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with since the beginning. Even when I said I wanted Preston, I was lying. I always wanted Daniel. I just couldn't say it for some fucking stupid reason. I gave up on the only person who never gave up on me. He's gone...

   My drive home was awful. I am sure people passing by me were confused on why a man was just full on crying alone in his car. But if only they knew.

   Questions of my life from here on out play through my head like a record. What if Preston leaves? What if Daniel just gave up? What if I was never good for either of them? All these what if questions cloud my brain.

   I stop at a red light and just begin to scream and bang my hands on my stearing wheel. Why did I do this? The answer is quite simple yet extremely complex. The reason I got so enraged that second was because I got the feeling that the one I love is starting to love me less. And that is probably the worst feeling in the world. But maybe that's how I made Daniel feel. And yet in a more sick and twisted way.