Chapter 9

Joey's P.O.V.

I wake up and my face is sticky from tears. However this doesn't surprise me, I am used to it. I pull myself out of bed and grab my phone. I have a new message. But it isn't from Daniel. It is from Preston. Should I even open it? Or should I ignore it?

I decide to open the message. And this is what it read; Joey, let me start of by admitting I was wrong. Throughout our whole relationship I never treated you right. I didn't love you the way you deserved it. I also messed up by cheating on you. Joey, you always have been the love of my life and I guess it took this period of time to realize that I am a fuck up. I don't expect you to ever want to get back together with me. But please consider it. Text me if you want to talk. But please don't feel like you have to. I love you. I always have. And I always will. ♡, Preston

Throughout the whole message my heart started beating faster and faster. No, Preston isn't Daniel. But that is one of the best things about him. And I really still do live him. So why not text him back? Hey Preston. If you want to come over we can talk. You know where I live. Just come over at 12. See you then.

I see that he read the message but he doesn't reply. For the first time in forever, a small smile forms on my lips. Maybe this is how my life is supposed to go. Maybe the person that breaks my heart I am supposed to end up with. But then again, Daniel also broke my heart. But I think Preston deserves another chance. Daniel, however, does not.

By the time 11 rolls around my nerves are on fire. I want me and Preston to work out. Because I really do love him. And maybe he will take my mind off of Daniel. I was cleaning the house and I heard the doorbell ring. I look at the clock and it reads 11:30. Is Preston early?