Chapter 10

Daniel's P.O.V.

Joey runs up to me and embraces me in a hug.
"I love you Daniel. I am so sorry it took me so long to realize it," he whispers in my ear. His voice has always turned me on in a way.
"I am glad I never gave up," I say placing my hands on his hips. He pulls from the hug and kisses me. It isn't a soft and slow kiss. It is a kiss of need, of lust. He wants me. What is giving him this sudden boost of confidence. He drops to his knees and begins to unbutton my pants. And then he-

I fall of the couch. It was a fucking dream. A stupid fucking dream. It all felt so real. He said he loved me. He wasn't mad at me anymore. I thought this was all over. But it was a dream.

I look at the clock and it reads 11:15.
I must have fallen asleep on the couch last night. I was very tierd. All this fighting for someone who hates you is really exhausting. You know what? I am going to go over there and apologize for expecting him to forgive me so easily. I can't put him through this. If I really love him then I should let him be happy. And obviously he can't do that with me.

By the time I make it to his house it is about 11:30. I would have been sooner but I wanted to clean up a little bit. When I walk up to the door I hear the sound of a vacuum cleaner inside his house. Why is he cleaning? My hand shakes as I bring my finger to the doorbell and press it. Here goes nothing.

He opens the door with a smile on his face but it soon fades to a frown.
"What on god's green earth gave you the idea to fucking be here?" Joey says in the most hateful tone I have ever heard come out of his mouth. It sebds chills down my body.
"I wanted to apologize," I say but Joey puts his input in before I even begin my apology.
"And also what makes you think I would accept your apology?" Joey says crossing his arms over his chest as he takes in a deep breath. He is fighting an emotion.
"Because you have always been alot more understanding than you have ever put yourself out to be. Can I come in? Why are you cleaning?" I say pointing to the obvious fact that he looks a little distressed and there is a vacuum cleaner behind him.
"No you can't come in. I am cleaning because... you know I don't even have to tell you that now do I," he says with fire in his voice.
"No you don't," I say a little disappointed by how far we have grown apart. And then a car pulls into a driveway. It looks familiar. Is that? No. It can't be. Please, please don't tell me it is... Preston

Sure enough the deep-v of a douchebag steps out of his car looking as douchey as ever. He walks up to the door where me and Joey are talking.
"What's he doing here?" Preston says referring to me.
"I am not really sure but he was just leaving," Joey says shooting me a hateful glare.
"Joey, what is this?" I say motioning towards Preston.
"Daniel, listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth. You cheated on me. Leave me alone," Joey says very sassy.
"What do you think this fucker did? He was sober! I wasn't! Joey he doesn't care about you like I do. Don't make a mistake you can't reverse," I say shaking my head. But he doesn't seem to listen.
"I'm not. That's why I am not going back to you, Daniel. Now leave," Joey says one more time.
"Okay. Enjoy your fuckboy," I say as I walk to my car with tears running down my cheeks.

How can he be so blind? How could he not know that Preston is just going to hurt him again? He obviously thinks I will. But I would never intentionally hurt him. I love Joey.

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
Who do you want to end up with Joey? Daniel or Preston? Let me know! See y'all next update xoxo <3