Chapter 27

Joey's P.O.V.

   I'm not quite sure what I expected to be the outcome of the whole 'me going to talk to Daniel'. To be honest, I didn't have a doubt in my mind that he would take me back. But I guess I should have. He is on a date right now with the person who is the reason we broke up. I am sitting in his house, in a pool of my own tears, and waiting for him to get back so we can hopefully talk this over. Key word, hopefully

   I fall asleep on his couch after about two hours of hopeless sobbing. I know this is all so stupid. I'm stupid. How did the roles reverse so quickly? How did he get over me so quickly? I guess some people heal faster than others. Or, some people are better at hiding their emotions than others.

   I hear the door shut and I immediatley pop up out of my sleep. Daniel's home.

   "Why are you still here Graceffa?" He says. I can see a little purple mark under his jaw. His hair is tossled. Also, he looks a little sweaty.
   "Why is there a fucking hickey on your neck?" I say jumping up off the couch and walking over to where he is standing at the door.
   "I don't have to report back to you on everything that happened. You're not my boyfriend anymore," he says walking towards the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water.
   "That's the thing. I haven't been your boyfriend for almost two years now. You weren't over me but somehow in the last week or two, you magically don't care about me anymore. So please, share," I say getting kinda frustrated towards him now.
   "Joey, you're a fucking dumbass. Open your eyes! This is exactly how I felt!" He says throwing his hands in the air and then bringing them down to place on his head.
   "Daniel, it's different now be-" I begin to explain.
   "It's only different because it is now you chasing. And for some reason that only god knows, you think that everyone should bow down to you. Well wake up and smell the roses princess. You brought this upon yourself. I tried. And I tried. And I tried to wake you up sooner. But fuckboys have an odd way of twisting our minds to make us think differently. So i'm sorry if you're unhappy with your choice. But i'm not a toy and you can't return me whenever you like and the buy me again. That's not how this works," he says stomping towards the stairs. I stand in front of them so he can't get up.
   "Move," he says but I don't budge. I just stare into his eyes. And he looks back. I'm trying to find the person who I knew before this whole thing. But I mended him. I changed him into someone he's not. I made him more stubborn. I did it.

   "I'm sorry," I whisper and crash to the ground. My body curls up and I start to breath heavily. My mind starts to wonder and my eyes begin to swirl. The world spins as I look up at Daniel. I see him run to do what seems like grab his phone. I hear him call me name before everything goes black.