Chapter 14

Daniel's P.O.V.

   It has been a week since I have left the party. I haven't moved. I stayed in bed the whole time. I cry when I am awake. I cry when I am asleep. This whole week has been filled with just my tears falling. I mean I have a reason to be upset. But it still doesn't justify it.

   Today was the first day I actually got out of bed. I showered for the first time in a week, I know gross. Feeling the heat of the water run down my body felt so soothing, so nice. After I got out I decided to do a quick face mask. They always make me feel fresh. I put on moisturizer after the mask and I did my hair. I put on clean clothes, sweatpants and a tight black shirt. I still am not leaving the house but I want to feel good today. I don't know something about today feels good. And I will have to live it to find out.

   I ended up making myself some french toast for breakfast along with some green tea, the breakfast of champions. I ate that while watching some Netflix. Atleast I have done a little more than what I have done all week. I was doing my dishes when I heard the doorbell ring. Strange. I thought. I wasn't expecting someone today, or ever really. Oh well atleast I showered. I put the last dish into the dish washer and started it. I washed my hands and dried them.
   "Coming," I yelled to the person at the door when they rang the door bell again. I get to the door and take a deep breath. I open it and then my world comes crashing down.

   Right in front of me stands Joey. Why is he here? I thought he ran into the sunset with his fuckboy.
   "What are you doing here?" I say calmly but on the inside I am on fire.
   "I wanted to finish this conversation up once and for all," Joey says with a smile that isn't true to him. He is holding something back.
   "Okay? Come in I guess," I say opening the door wider for him to enter. He nods his head and walks through the door. I shut it and face the door for a second and take a deep breath. Here we go again.

   He walks over to the couch and I sit on the oposite end as him. I really can't be near him right now or I will loose it. So now, let's see what he wants.
   "What do you want to talk about?" I say to obviously anxious Joey. I see it in his eyes. That's one thing I got good at. I could tell how Joey was feeling just by looking at his eyes. And right now I can tell he is about to tell me something important.
   "I want to start this whole thing off by thanking you," Joey says while exhaling deeply.
   "What do you mean than-" I begin but Joey cuts me off.
   "Please, hear me out. You really showed me what love is and for that I can never repay you. As for what you did to me, I can never forgive you. Daniel, you were my first love. You took my heart and broke it as if you were some idiotic heartbreaker. You should have came to me as soon as you cheated on me. Then I don't think we would be in this mess," Joey says and at the last sentence a tear falls down his cheek. I can't tell you how much I want to reach over and wipe all of his tears away. 
   "Joey answer one question for me, please," I say and Joey nods his head lightly, "Why is it that you could forgive Preston so easily? We both did the same thing. We cheated and we didn't tell you. But Preston was sober. I was not. So why is it that you cut him slack but you pulled mine tight?" I say trying to hold myself together and not cry. So as an effect my voice kept cracking.
   "Daniel. I still haven't really forgiven Preston. I just like you said cut him more slack. I really can't explain why but that doesn't change the fact that i am still mad at you," Joey says lying straight through his teeth. He knows exactly why he forgave him and not me. He just won't spit the words out.
   "Okay then. Joey, tell me what you want. Because I can't keep chasing after something if I will never catch it," I say running my hands through my hair in frustration towards him.
   "What are you chasing, Daniel," Joey says as if it isn't obvious.
   "Joey! I am chasing after our love. I am chasing after what we both know is right. I am chasing after your hapiness," I say being a little harsh at first and then softening my tone as I went on.
  "Okay fine. You know what I want?" Joey says in a complete whisper with a glare that seems regretful.
   "I want you to tell me what you want. But I want it to be the compkete and honest truth. Don't tell me something that isn't going to make tou happy, please. I woukd rather yoube happy without me than be miserable with me. Because I could not care any less about my feelings," I say very truthfully. And for the first time in over a year, I am finally content with whatever Joey wants.

   "I want........"

_______________________________________
Authors Note:
Sorry this is up late. I couldn't post it earlier but I felt bad for not updating this story in a while. So, what do you think Joey is going to say? I guess we will have to find out next update! The next story I will be updating is The Silver Lining, tomorrow. I love you all so so so much and I will see ya next update! Xoxo <3