Chapter 29

Joey's P.O.V.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

I hear a machine beep in rhythm with my heart beat. Flashbacks of what happened play through my head as my chest slowly rises and falls. I can hear sniffling of someone in the room. And I know exactly who it is. Preston.

He has a unique cry that always stands out to me. Preston whines when he cries. Almost as if whining will make everything better. I feel someone grab my hand and place a light kiss on my knuckles.
"Joey, baby, it's me, Preston. If you can hear me, I want you to know that you're in a coma. I am so sorry for being insensitive and expecting you to be able just to put Daniel behind you. I am so sorry. If I hadn't been such an ass, you probably wouldn't be in this mess. Joey, please, for the love of god, wake up," he says shaking me slightly.

My eyes feel glued together. I try to open them but for some reason they won't budge. I give up when I feel him release my hand and the door open and close.

Everything isn't processing correctly through my head. Preston, the guy who I am still madly in love with who is so fucking full of himself it is insane, just apologized to me. And it sounded sincere. Preston has no clue that I heard every word, but I did.

My thoughts are cut off again when I hear the door open and close again. The bed sinks down on my right side just. I am assuming someone is sitting next to me. A hand brushes through my hair and then down my cheek. The hand lifts off of me before placing right back on me where my heart is beneath my chest.

"I know I can hear the monitor beeping with your heart beat. But I always loved feeling your heart beat," I hear Daniel's beautiful voice say to me.
"Joey, you're stubborn as hell and I completely understand that. You're a taurus for fucks sake. But I also know that you're a fighter. And just because you blacked out on my fucking stairs doesn't mean you're going to throw in the towel and give up. I know these past years have been so screwed up ever since I came into your life. But uh, I feel like we have grown together. I know I broke you. And I know it hurt. But I think if you can get over me breaking your heart like you did then you can wake up out of this. You can do it you little nasty pig," Daniel says beginning to cry a bit when he says the last sentence. He places both of his hands on either side of my face and kisses the tip of my nose. I feel him lace his fingers with mine. The sound of the heart monitor begins to speed up. Everytime he touches me, even when i'm concious, my heart beats faster.
"And please, whatever you do, don't ever tell me you're sorry again," he says and places his soft, plump lips to my forehead and just sits like that for a minute. He pulls away and unlaces our fingers. I feel his weight lifted off the bed and the door open then close.

Once again, I am left in the inevitable silence that is being alone, in a hospital room, in a coma. It is kinda crazy how I can hear and sense everything going on around me. However I can't function my body or open my eyes at all, no matter how much I want to. I really want them both. But I just realized something.

Everytime I gave a fuck, that fuck fucked me over.