Chapter 18

Daniel's P.O.V.

I shut the door as I saw the love of my life drive away from me forever. After I shut the door I drop to my hard, wooden floor and just stare blankly forward.

What is baffling my mind and causing me to just stare is that he chose Preston. I know he is aware that Preston openly cheated on him while he was sober. I was drunk. I didn't intend to hurt Joey, but Preston did. And he chose Preston.

"FUCKKKKKKKKKK!" I scream at the top of my lungs and slam my hands into the cold floor. My parents were right. What they said that day runs through my head again. I hope you are never happy. I hope one day you fall in love with someone that has the intentions of just fucking you and then breaking your heart. But here's the thing, I never fucked him. And I broke his heart. But he picked up the pieces and put them back together. And then, he broke mine. My parents warned me about drugs in the streets. But never the ones with green eyes and a heart beat.

After sitting on the ground for about two hours I go over to the couch where Joey was sitting. And I see something there that makes my heart crush into billions of tint pieces. Our bracelets.

I didn't even notice he was wearing both of them all this time. I can't believe he did. All this time he was still holding on. All this time he still loved me. All this time he held on. And I guess he finally let go.

I walk up the stairs, well I drag myself, and enter my bedroom. I collapse on the bed and grip my pillow as tight as I can and just cry. And it is the worst type of crying. The silent one. The one when everyone is asleep. The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry with tears. The one where you just want to scream. The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet. The one when you can't breathe anymore. The one when you realize the person that meant the most to you, is gone.

And I realized something. Somewhere along the way, everything I did was for Joey. But he didn't return the favor.