Chapter 7

Joey's P.O.V.

When I wake up the smell of eggs and bacon fill my senses. My eyes feel puffy from crying last night. Why is it whenever my life is starting to fall apart does Daniel have to come into the picture? Wait, Daniel slept over last night.

I walk to the kitchen and there is Daniel. Shirtless Daniel. Cooking breakfast. In my kitchen.
"Good morning?" I say almost as if it is a question as I walk up behind him. I guess I scared him because he jumped a little.
"Shit. You scared the fuck out of me," he said turning around breathing heavily.
"Sorry. Did you sleep well?" I say trying to make him not as jumpy.
"Y-yeah. Sorry I should go put on a shirt," he says looking down at his bare torso embarrased. He walks over to the couch and puts on the shirt he wore last night.
"Y-you can wear some of my clothes. You know, if you want," I say trying not to say hey, stay naked. Because a part of me wants him too. Joey, shut up. You can't be thinking that way about the guy that broke you.
"Okay. If you don't mind," he says with a slight uncomfortable look.
"Just go pick something out of my closet and I will plate the breakfast," I say motioning towards the stairs to my room.
"Okay. T-thank you, Joey," he says noding and walking to my room. The way he says my name has always sent chills down my body. Honestly his voice could make me finish in a heartbeat. Am I falling for him again?

I started eating my food when he comes downstairs in my green tigers shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of tight khaki shorts. I stared a little long but I don't think he noticed but I could feel the heat creeping up on my face.

We began eating in silence. We have never been silent. Even if I am mad at him I still don't want it to be awkward between us.
"Thank you for letting me sleep over and wear your clothes," he says looking up from his plate into my eyes. One thing about Daniel is that whenever he looks me in the eyes he looks deep. As if he wants to know everything I am thinking just by looking at me.
"No problem. Thank you for making breakfast," I say returning his gesture with a smile.
"Are you still mad at me or do you think we could you know, start all over. Go back to the way things used to be?" He says. Does he seriously think I would go back to him after he cheated on me and proceded not to tell me about it?
"Daniel, you broke my heart. Okay? I really don't know what kind of person I am. But I definetly have morals. And one of those morals is to try to stay away from people like you," I say a little harsher than I probably should have. And my harshness showed on Daniel's face.
"Joey I-" he tried to talk but I cut him off because this is all one big mistake.
"This was a mistake. A huge mistake. Letting myself fall for you was a big mistake. I don't know why you are back in my life. Daniel I don't deserve this," I say as tears fill my eyes again. I didn't think I could cry anymore. With Preston's shit and Daniel coming back into my life yesterday, I thought I cried out every tear in my body. But I guess I was wrong.

"Joey, I know you don't deserve this but I was hoping we could start all over. Write a new fairy tale," he says hurt that I am calling everything a mistake.
"Nothing is going to have a happy ending Daniel. Ever. I can't have a normal relationship because for some reason every person that dates me feels the need to cheat on me. It really doesn't make sense and I don't think anyone can explain it to me," I say laughing a little at the last sentence.
"Joey, please. Why can't you forgive me?" He says sitting down on the couch, placing his head in his hands. He then runs his hands through his hair. Well, he claws them through his hair.
"You must be shitting me right now. You must me fucking shitting me!" I say walking to the couch and standing a few feet away from him.
"But you said you still loved me. So why don't you want to act on it?" He says in a whispered, hushed voice. He was trying to hold his tears back for this whole conversation but they are finally starting to flow. I want to bad just to curl up in his arms. I want him to hold me I want to hold him. But I can't.
"Daniel please leave," I say putting my face in my palm and pointing my other hand towards the door.
"Don't want to answer my question I see," he says staying put on the couch and looking up at me.
"PLEASE LEAVE!" I say starting to cry over.
"Okay. But this conversation isn't over. I will walk to the café. Don't worry about me," he says walking towards the door.

He grabs the few things he has here; keys, phone, wallet, clothes. And then he opens the door. I walk over there and he does what I had hoped he wouldn't. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead. I instinctively wrap my arms around him because I have missed this. I miss the sound of his heart. I miss the feeling of his chest moving up against mine. I miss the feeling of being wanted. I miss him. Just before he releases me he whispers in my ear. He whispers the four words that have beeb haunting me ever since he said them last night,
"I won't give up." And then he was gone. Why does he have to be so difficult.

When he leaves I run to my room and throw my face into a pillow. I begin to cry harder, scream harder. Then I look at my nightstand. Right where I have my bracelet placed, there is an extra bracelet. His bracelet. I guess Daniel came in last night and put his next to mine. Right by it is a little note. And I really don't want to read it. But I guess I don't have a choice. I walk over and my hand is shaky as I grab the note.
Joey,
I know you are still very mad at me. And I know these bracelets may not mean a thing to you anymore. But they mean everything to me. I love you. And I am sorry for everything that I have done. But it doesn't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore. Have my bracelet. As much love as I put into your bracelet I figured you could try to fill mine with it. I won't give up. I never will.

Love, Daniel Christopher Preda,
The boy that his hopelessly
In love with Joey Graceffa

With that I put on my bracelet. I haven't worn it in a while because it bothered Preston. But I guess that is over. When I place it on my wrist I see the seven places where I cut myself a year ago because of Daniel. The seven places I cut myself because of the guy that I am still madly in love with. The seven places I cut myself because of the guy that is still madly in love with me. I take the bracelet off my wrist and set it back by Daniel's I crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep because what else am I supposed to do?

Why won't he just give up?