Chapter 32

Daniel's P.O.V.

I tried. I tried to leave the hospital. I tried to leave Joey alone. But I still love him. I love him so fucking much. I can't let him stay with that dumb fuck. I'm not even sure if he is awake yet but it is worth a try.

I walk back in the hospital and make my way towards his room. Visiting hours close at 9 so I have to be quick. I have so much to say, so much to tell him.

I reach his door and I instantly get butterflies. I feel the way I felt the first date I had with Joey. As soon as I saw him I knew I was in love. But then I fucked him over. And I can't loose my chance now. The clock hits 8:17 and I walk in.

His eyes immediatley shoot towards the door when I open it. He's awake. The boy they thought would never live is awake.
"Joey," is all I manage to breath out as I walk towards where he is laying. He leans up and I grab his face, which I guess he didn't expect, and I kiss him softly on the lips. Kiss me on the mouth and set me free......

We pull away from the kiss and he just stares at me, stunned. He's a living, breathing miracle. He's my miracle. Or, soon to be mine.
"What was that for?" He whispers out because he is still alittle bit out of it.
"Joey, i've had a lot of time to think about us. And- and I love you. I always have and I always will. All this shit we put eachother through doesn't even matter because we still love eachother," I say running my hand on his cheek and through his hair. He leans back and looks at me with a sort of fire in his eyes.
"What about Preston?" He says. And my heart immediatley drops. He is still in love with Preston too. But hopefully not after I tell him what Preston said.
"While you were in your coma, Preston and I had some talking to do. He thought I put you hear. He thought I hurt you. But I never would hurt you. He didn't like that I was talking to you. And he was surprised I legitametly love you. He said he only loves you so he can get an audience. That is all your relationship was with him, a ploy for people to notice him," I say and time feels like it just stops. A tear slips down Joey's cheek and a wildfire lights in his eyes.
"You're lying," He whispers almost to where it is unaudible.
"W-what?" I croak because I actually am telling the truth.
"You're lying and you're doing it so I will break up with Preston and be with you! How could you do that!" Joey says placing a hand on me to shoo me off his bed.
"Joey! I'm not lying! I am telling you the truth. He is the liar! Why would you believe him?" I say as my world begins to fall apart.
"Why would I believe you, Daniel?" He spits at me and his words absorb through my skin and begin tk eat me alive.
"Maybe because I actually care about you. Maybe because i'm not using you? I don't know, those seem like legit reasons, Joseph!" I say beginning to cry harder and running my hands through my hair.
"Get out of my room you bastard," he says and I see a tear run down his cheek.
"Don't do this Joey. Don't. Do. This," I say walking towards him, my voice cracking between each word.
"Don't do what Daniel? Almost let the person back into my life who screwed it up in the first place?" He says and his voice begins to get louder and louder as he finds his will of anger.
"Fine. Just know you're making a mistake," I say and walk towards the door. My legs begin to shake and my head spins. I reach for the door and open it. I look back at Joey and he is already staring right back at me.
"I love you," I call out to him. I bite my knuckles and let out a small cry, and then I close the door. Closing all of ny feelings and emotions in that one tiny hospital room, forever.

The clock strikes 9 and I am driving home. I'm surprised I made it home without killing myself, my vision was completely blurred from my tears. My crying right now is the type of cry that knocks the breath out of you. The kind where it hurts to suck in another breath. The kind that leaves you on your bathroom floor at 9:13 wondering if your next breath will be your last because you just want to end it all. .... But please don't BITE.