Chapter 23

Joey's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here Ricky?" I say looking him up and down. He has gotten much more broad and much taller. His hair, it is in a very neat quiff and his eyes are shining brighter than before.
"I was working at the Urth Café. Daniel came in and I-" he says but I decided to cut him off.
"If you're here to try and help Daniel out, save it. I have enough bull shit on my hands," I say beginning to shut the door in his face.
"No! Wait!" He says pushing the door with his palm to keep me from closing him out, again.
"What," I say a bit harsher than I actually intended.
"Can I come in?" Ricky says taking in a deep breath and then letting it out. I open the door wider and motion towards the couch.

I guess the couch is kinda the place where everything gets talked about. I have talked to Daniel about our situation on this couch numerous occasions. So I guess it is only fitting that I have a conversation with Ricky on the couch.

"So, you saw Daniel at the café?" I said to him trying to find out more about Daniel. Joey stop. You have to get over him.
"Yeah. His eyes were bloodshot, hair tossled, and he just looked dead inside. What happened exactlly?" Ricky said as if he doesn't already know. But on the other hand, this is tearing Daniel up. I really wish it didn't. But I guess I can't change that. He wished it apon himself really.
"Daniel and I broke up as you remember. And then after that he kept on trying to get me back. Well, when he was trying, I was dating Preston. And then Preston cheated on me. So I broke up with Preston. And Daniel kept trying to squeeze his way back into my life. But then I took Preston back and I told Daniel that I- I didn't love him. Well, then I told Preston about the whole situation and he wanted me just to put it all behind me and not think about it but I can't do that Ricky. I can't throw away the person I gave so much up for. I can't," I say in what felt like one deep breath. When I finish Ricky just looks at me as if he wants me to replay what I just said.
"So you want to get over Daniel, correct?" He says and I nod my head.
"I do but it just isn't that simple," I say standing up from the couch and walking towards the fire place. On it is a picture of me and Daniel. Why is that still there? Maybe because you still love him. Maybe because you have loved him all along but you just won't admit it to yourself. And maybe, just maybe, he's already gone. I really need to quit letting my demons control me. They just keep making me more and more depressed.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when I feel Ricky come up behind me and grab my ass. I jump a little. I feel his lips graze my ear as he whispers in it.
"Well, let me help you get over him."