I love you and Ellie

Nathan's POV

Oh. My. God.

I hugged Josie tightly.

"Shh shh it's ok don't cry love. She's ok now" I comforted Josie, rubbing her back. She cried in my arms for what seemed hours, I don't like it when girls cry, I'm so helpless it's frustrating. She finally calmed down. Her breathing slowing indicating she fell asleep. I smiled. Ellie came downstairs holding the cat.

"What are we going to do Nathan?" Ellie asked looking at me, I was confused at what she meant.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her ocean blue eyes. I wonder what it's like to be a dad...

"You aren't going to let her take me away will you?" Ellie questioned letting the cat run away under the table. I frowned and motioned her to come closer.

"I won't let her touch you, you hear me? No one will hurt you again" I reassured her. Her little face lit up when I said that. She looked to the floor and then to me.

"M-may I hug you?" She asked politely.

"Of course you can" I smiled pulling her into an awkward hug since Josie was in the way.

"He said that the feeling is awful, especially if its not wanted" Ellie said looking to the floor. What is she talking about?

"Huh?" I asked confused

"You said that you wonder what it's like to be a dad. My dad- I mean... Well he was never really my dad. He left me. I don't have a dad... Or a mom. I have nobody" that broke my heart. How can they treat a little girl so poorly? What has she ever done to deserve all that? Josie stirred and got up stumbling muttering about going to redo her makeup.

"What happened to Josie? Why was she crying?" Ellie asked. I pulled her into my lap and strokes her soft blonde hair.

"Well she lost her mum" Ellie oh'd

"She told me." Ellie mumbled looking into my eyes. Her eyes moved to my nose where they stayed there, she looked in great thought. All the staring made me feel more self conscious.

"Why are you staring at me?" I chuckled. She frowned, squinting her eyes she lifted up her finger and poked the tip of my nose.

She giggled.

"You have a button nose" she stated. I chucked at her amazing discovery.

"You're adorable you know that?" I laughed

"Yeah I know, I get that a lot" she winked, making me laugh harder. Oh this girl is going to brake hearts in a couple of years. I won't let any boys near her though. Wait why? I'm not her dad! Yet I feel like I should be. Josie came back pulling Ellie from my lap and carrying her.

"Lets go" she said. She looked uneasy about the whole situation. We drove to police station. Ellie began shaking. I sighed. I just wanted to take her away from all this madness. I carried her inside, Josie walking slowly. I whispered comforting words to Ellie.

"How may I help you?" The man asked.

"Umm this is Ellie, I found her in a nearby park at night and she was alone and crying. She ran away because she is abusive towards her." Josie told the man

"Ok. Can you come around the corner please and explain this situation" The man said.

We told the man whose name I found out was officer Jones, and by 'we' I mean Josie I was just sat there sitting awkwardly holding Ellie. They checked her bruises and questioned how long the abusing has been going on. 3 years! Poor little angel.