Happy birthday Nath

Josie's POV

*5 days later*

Every night I've cried myself to sleep, I think it's all my fault Ellie died. If I wasn't so busy holding Nathan's hand I could've held her hand and make sure she wasn't in danger. I was the one who insisted to walk there, Nathan said that he could drive but no. It's too late now. The guilt is killing me. Nathan and I aren't talking much, I know he hates me. I don't blame him. I opened the door to Ellie's room, everything left the way it was before it happened. I picked up her teddy bear and hugged it tightly as a tear fell. Nathan popped his head in and saw me. He sighed before hugging me.

"Shh it's going to be ok" he whispered giving me comfort. I pulled away from the hug looking at him confused as why he was all of a sudden talking to me

"Don't you hate me?" I asked. He frowned

"No. Where'd you ever get that idea? I love you, I could never hate you" he lightly kissed me. We were going to Ellie's funeral today so I was already ready and so was Nathan. I wore a black lace dress that Ellie loved and some black wedges. Nathan was wearing a black, long sleeve shirt, dress pants and black high tops.

"Ready?" He asked

"Yes" I sighed.

"Bring her teddy bear, she loved that thing, I'm sure she wants to go with it" he chuckled slightly. I smiled weakly and grabbed her light brown, fluffy teddy bear.

***

The ceremony was exactly like my mothers. I felt drained out. I wanted to go back to the park where I found Ellie and find her there. Smiling at me, waiting for me to take her back. I sighed knowing that's not how it works. The fans still don't know what happened to Ellie but they have their suspicions. After today we have to go to the Bahamas. The guys do a gig there then we go back to L.A because of Nathan's throat surgery, which his op happens to be on his birthday. Nathan is really scared about his OP because he's never had anything like that happen to him. He thinks he might not be able to sing again.

"Nathan stop worrying" I told him. He stopped pacing the floor to look at me.

"But what if-"

"You'll be able to sing again" I tried convincing him. He sighed and sat down on the couch with me.

"You're turning 20" I smirked at him. He groaned as a response

"You exited?" I pecked his cheek.

"No" he moaned pouting. "I won't even get to celebrate my birthday or anything" he continued.

"Oh well. Lets go pack" I dragged him upstairs and started packing. About 40 minutes later I was done packing. I went to check on Nathan, I found him sprawled on the bed. I frowned because he didn't even pack yet.

"NATHAN JAMES SYKES START PACKING NOW" I shouted. All I heard was a mumbling that I couldn't understand because his head was on the pillow

"What?" I asked getting impatient. He flipped himself over to see me

"I said, I'm done packing" he smirked. I walked over to his suitcase. I unzipped it only to find half of his hats in there.

"Nathan" I hissed.

"Josie" he playfully hissed back. I started removing all his hats and walked into his wardrobe.

"Come here an choose what you want to take" I ordered. He sat up

"Someone's bossy" he grumbled hoping I wouldn't hear.

"Seriously Nath. Now" he stood up snaking his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.