Out of time

Josie's POV

I fluttered my eyes open. I noticed Nathan was smiling in his sleep. I smiled and lifted his arm off me so I can get up. I picked up my crutches and slowly lifted myself and made sure I was sturdy. I turned around to see Nathan. He was still asleep.

I walked into the restroom. I turned on the shower and frowned once I realized something.

I let out a deep, frustrated sigh. I can't hold myself up to shower. Nathan popped his head trough the door. I groaned and pleaded with my eyes to help me. He came in an walked towards me.

"What's the problem chick?" He asked.

"I can't hold myself up to shower" I whined. He chuckled and rubbed his chin with his fingers with thought.

"Hmm..." He thought

"Will you help me?" I asked

"How can I help?" He wondered

"Shower me?" I giggled. Just then my head felt like a ton of bricks fell on it. I groaned in pain. Another memory.

"Ellie" I whispered. Nathan's eyes lit up

"You remember her?" He asked excitedly

"Yes. Well I know she's my daughter? But how?" I wondered

"Oh, well when your mum past away you found Ellie in a park crying and so then we found out her biological mum was abusive and she was a murderer, and then we adopted her" he explained. I nodded.

"Where is she now?" I asked. Nathan's smile dropped

"She- she died. Her m-mum killed her inf-front of u-us" he stuttered. My eyes widened. They killed her?

"Why!?" I exclaimed. Nathan's face was sad but I don't blame him.

"I- I don't know" he frowned.

"Will you help me then? Like you helped Ellie?" I asked.

"How do you know that?!" He asked looking shocked

"I remember that you bathed Ellie" I smiled. He smiled

"You do remember! Anything about me?" He asked

"No but I'll get there" I smiled. He nodded

"I'll help you then" he said awkwardly

"Uh ok. So umm if you wanna take off your clothes now. Not in a creepy way! Err... I'll get you a bikini so you can wear" he left awkwardly. Is he this awkward?

He returned with my bathing suit.

"Change into this then I'll help you shower" he left me to change. I sat on the edge of the bath tub and took off my clothes. I put it into a small pile and slipped on my bathing suit.

"Nath!" I yelled. This might be awkward... He walked inside and froze when he saw me. He tore his gaze from me and blushed heavily. I giggled at his red face. He glared at me and rolled his eyes.

"Well I'm going to help you now and if you feel uncomfortable just tell me" he told me. I nodded. He helped me into the tub. I sat there just staring at him as he turned on the water. He walked over to get my shampoo bottles and body wash.

He sat on the edge of the tub and squeezed some shampoo in his hands.

"I can do that Nath" I smiled up to him. He looked at me and looked to his hands. He smirked and pushed his hand on top of my head. I squealed as he laughed. I lathered my hair with the raspberry and mango shampoo. I smiled at the wonderful smell.