Memories and pain

Josie's POV

"Alright Ms. Kingsley, these are your pain killers incase you have any pains from surgery, you will have to use these crutches for about two months? If you start to get your memory back, please make an appointment so I can make sure that your brain doesn't have any damage. Any questions?" The doctor smiled

"No, thank you" I thanked him as he handed me the crutches.

"Goodbye Ms. Kingsley" he smiled before walking off. Justin smiled widely

"I can't believe you're about to leave his hell hole" he squealed. An elderly woman walked by when he said that and gave Justin a glare.

"No offense" Justin added quickly. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you sure about going with Nath? I mean, you don't really remember him?" Justin questioned.

"It's the best Just, living with him will most likely bring back all the memories" I sighed. He frowned

"Alright then. But I'm going to visit you! I might even creep up on ya!" He chuckled. I playfully hit his arm, Nathan came walking behind me.

"I've signed you out and all. We can go now" he smiled. I nodded.

"Listen up Syko, my sister doesn't remember you clearly so you have to give her time. Also, take good care of her. I trust you British Boy" Justin smiled, patting Nathan's shoulder.

"I promise I will" Nathan smiled. But it seemed fake. He was tense, but I know my brother and he seems a bit intimidating with his muscles and all that but really he's a big softie. My brother turned around to me

"I'm going back to UNI soon, my brake is almost over" Justin sighed.

"It's ok Justin, go learn and be a nerd" I smirked. He rolled his eyes and nodded. He sighed and hugged me briefly before pulling away looking into my eyes.

"Please be careful" he whispered. Pain and sadness in his tone. I nodded and hugged him quickly. I sighed and waved with one of my free hand. Nathan got my duffel and we started walking out the hospital.

"Are you sure? You don't even know me well and yet you want to live with me?" He asked

"Yes, I know you wouldn't hurt me that's why I'm trusting you. I want to remember and I will. Just give me time" I told him. He tensed up, tears filling up his emerald, green eyes. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Nath? Are you ok?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear. He ignored me and kept walking to the car. He opened the passenger door and helped me inside. I got comfortable in the seat as Nathan buckled me in. He closed the door and walked over to the driver seat.

Did I say something wrong?

Nathan climbed in and started the engine. He stared at the steering wheel. A single tear slid down his rosy red cheek. I frowned and leaned over and wiped it away.

"Nathan please. Tell me what's wrong?" I pleaded. He sighed

"Nothing. I just- I-" he stammered. He sighed and started driving.

What's wrong?

"Nathan is it cause I didn't tell you I loved you back?" I questioned. I mean. I wish I did. But I don't. I hope I can remember him and the love we had but I can't.

"No. Not at all. It's just... I just really missed you while you were in a coma" he sighed. He made a stop at the 'STOP' sign and then kept driving.

"I'm sorry. It's not your fault" I smiled lightly. I heard him say my accident is his fault but its not. He hasn't done anything to hurt me.

I felt a slight pain in my head. I clutched it and shut my eyes tightly as the pain grew stronger.