Chapter 5

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE!

--------------------------

Niall's POV

"What did you do to her?!" I screamed at Liara who just stood in front of me with a blank face.

"Nothing" she defended herself.

I balled her shirt and pushed her to the wall hard, but she didn't even blink. I growled and pushed her harder, but no use. Next thing, I threw her to the other wall making it crack, she hit the ground with a great thud. Suddenly, someone pushed me to the floor and pinned me againts it. I struggled againts the person.

"Stop!" Simon yelled. Just then, I realized that Simon was the one who was pinning me down.

I stopped struggling, then, he let go of me, I stood up looking at Liara, it was like she was never pushed to the wall, which made me more pissed off. I attempted to lung at her, but Simon stopped me.

"Let her at least explain" he said. I hesitatly nodded. "Explain, Liara".

"She just blacked out after I told her something".

"What did you tell her?!" I yelled.

She shifted her gaze to Simon. "I'd like to speak with Niall alone, oh and don't try to read my mind" she demanded.

Once he got out, she supported herself againts the wall, showing her true self to me. For some reason, she only showed her true self in front of me, it was like she trusted me, but didn't at the same time. Her pained eyes looked at me.

'I wouldn't hurt her in that way even if I wanted to' she spoke in my mind.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

'Never mind... the reason she fainted was because I told her that she wasn't totally human' she thought. 'Niall, Zoe is not totally human'.

My eyes widened at her. "W-what?"

'The first time I met her, I knew something was off, but I couldn't place it. She's well-covered, someone has threw a protection spell on her, someone didn't want us or anyone to know about her... let's not tell Simon that, okay? I smelled a faint smell of smoke the first time I met her, and I swear, I felt and still feel like I've met her before' she finished.

I sat down on Simon's sofa and put my head in my arms. 'What are you getting at? And why do you keep saying 'when I first met her' ?' I spoke in her mind.

'The only person I know who smells like Smoke is my father, but last time I checked, he had died five hundered years ago... but let's put that aside, did you know that Zoe's mother is actually a witch?'

My head snapped up at her with my eyes wide open. 'No, I fucking did not!"

'I expected that, no body does... to be honest, yesterday was not the first time I've met Zoe, I've seen her plenty of times before, that's because I've been stalking her mother, Laura is a dark magic witch, she was planning to destroy the kingdom, she was building her own weapon, which was her other daughter Beth, Beth was supposed to be the strongest witch ever, she didn't know that. One day, I've killed her and her husband-'.

I cutted her off. 'You did what? Wait, you really do care about the kingdom'.

She looked in my eyes, then, shook her head. 'Anyways, I am the cause of Beth's death... then I realized that Beth wasn't the only gifted one, but also her brother, I doubt he knows it though, and Niall... Zoe is not actually Laura's daughter".

***

"You didn't gather anything?!" Hazel asked.

"No, I did not" Liara answered.

Appearntly, not only Liara who knew about Zoe's nature, but William did too, the only difference was that he knew more than Liara did. Liara and I had decided to keep that a secret. We had decided to investigate on our own.

"That's so unlike you" Hazel muttered.

I gripped Zoe's hand tighter, trying to keep my anger down.

"Get the fuck out, Hazel" Liara said in her usual cold voice.

She huffed and got out. I nodded at Liara in a way to thank her. My mind went back to fifteen years ago, what I had done to her, but she deserved it.

"Are you going to tell her what I've told you?" She asked.

"Yes, I can't hide anything like that from her".

She chuckled and shook her head. "Mates" she mumbeled.

I looked at her face. It was pained. I knew what she was thinking, she wanted her mate so badly, but at the same time, she didn't. I felt bad for her, but then, I reminded myself that she can take care of herself.

"Why do you want your mate dead?" I asked the question that had been on my mind.

She sat down on the bed, giving me her back. "I just can't... I think- no, I know that I won't be able to love him and care for him... I know that, I do... dude, I don't even love myself, and I don't care about myself, let alone provide that to someone else".

"How long? How long till Issecelt gives you back your soul?"

"Never, Niall. Never" she whispered.

A cough sounded. I snapped my eyes towards Zoe to see her just about to open her eyes. I hovered over her, grabbing her face. She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"You're back" she huskily said. "Water".

I grapped the glass and put it on her lips, letting the water slowly fall into her mouth. After a few glups, she sat up and threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly as I did the same. My eyes glanced at Liara, her eyes were pained again and held some envy in them. Then, Zoe pulled away.

"I dreamt the weirdest dream ever" she said, but before she could complete Liara coughed.

Zoe, very noticably, jumped and snapped her head towards Liara.

"It wasn't a dream" Liara stated looking right into Zoe's eyes.

Zoe turned to me. Her eyes wide. "Niall, she's lying, right?"

I slowly shook my head as a 'no'. "Listen Zoe, we're gonna figure this out, I'll tell you everything we know, but first, we need to go to somewhere private" I said looking into her eyes to ressure her, then, I shifted my eyes to Liara's. "Liara, can you shift us to somewhere else?"

"Yes" she answered as she put out her arm for us to grab into.

I grabbed her arm and immediatly felt my hand go cold. Zoe's hand did the same, but as soon as she touched her, she let it go with a yelp.

"Fuck, you're cold" she hissed.

Liara blankly looked at her. "I know".

Zoe put her hand back on Liara's arm, she flinched, but didn't let go. I pulled Zoe closer to me and muttered to her to close her eyes. In seconds, we were beside one of the beaches in California. I was still holding Zoe close to me.

"Open your eyes" I whispered to her as I preyed her hand from Liara's freezing arm.

She slowly opened her cold grey eyes to gaze at my own. She then, looked around her. "So, shall we start?"

----------------------------

Enjoy. I might not be able to update on Friday or Saturday.

This chapter is not edited.

:::::::::Chapter 6 teaser::::::::》

"Demon royalty? You said you only knew one person who smelled like smoke, who is it?" I asked.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

Vote. Comment

AyaJ<3