Chapter 14

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE!

--------------------------

I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
'Cause no one else cared
After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving?
When I'm done here?

I sat on the roof as the sun warmed my already warm skin. I inhaled, then exhaled. Silence was surrounding me, but I liked it. It has been a while since I sat alone. I looked around me, birds were flying or were resting on the roof walls. Green land surrounded the castle. The dull castle, its color brought dullness to someone's soul.

Two days passed since Liara left, and suddenly the castle went... dull. Yes, after Darius, somehow, stopped us from killing each other, Jordan ran after her and since then, he never returned. I guessed he was still chasing her. 'Poor guy' I thought. Niall himself felt the absence of her, although she barely spended two days with us. As for Darius, he seemed unaffected, which made me dislike him more. Alexandera disappeared too, which resulted in Simon being extra grumpy. Liara thought she wasn't important, but her leave affected us all.

"Hi" someone spoke, making me snap my head behind me. Liam stood there, smiling slightly. "Can I have a seat?"

"You don't even have to ask" I softly said.

He walked and sat beside me. In the past five months, Liam has been like my big brother. He felt the need to always give me those brotherly speeches, although it has no point. He exhaled, then huffed.

"You know, I never understood why you love this place so much, it's nothing special".

*Flashback Begins*

"Do you know what I want?" I asked.

"Emm... let me guess" he paused. "You want to murder me".

I laughed, he smiled. "I wouldn't mind doing that" I paused. "I want to scream".

"Scream? Why so?" He asked, holding a confused face.

"I don't-" I was going to lie, but decided againts it. I breathed out. "To let out things".

"Mind if I ask, but... things?"

"Yeah, I... I always kept things in, I thought I could handle anything... but now, that I have no one. No mother, no father, no sister, no friends... no best friend. It's just too much" I said as a tear threatened to slip.

"You have me" he softly said. "Scream".

I was taken aback. "What?" I said, not believing what he said.

"You want to scream, then scream, no one's stopping you" he said, smiling.

*Flashback Ends*

I smiled at the memory. It was the first time that me and Niall actually talked. Since then, the roof became my favourite place, my place to think of things clearly, without inturreption. Everyone in the castle knew that, so they rarely inturrepted. If they did, then it would be necessary. It wasn't speacial in their eyes, but in my eyes, it was so worthy.

"I don't know" I answered him. "I think I grew attached to this place".

"I'm only asking you this once, Zoe... how are you really feeling about all of what happened?" He asked, sounding really concerned.

I gluped. "Well, it is a 'journey of discovery' as Niall called it, things are bound to happen, and I knew that, but I guess that didn't lessen the shock I went through...".