Chapter 8

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE!

---------------------------

"What is he doing here?!" I snapped at Liara as I stood up facing her.

She stood up as well. "Let's put your differences aside... we need all the help we can get" she said emotionlessly. Then, she turned towards him. "Come on, Steven. It's been a while since I saw you".

He took a few forward steps. He was fiddling with his fingers, which meant that he was nervous. 'All those years that took us apart, and I still know him like the back of my hand' I thought. His eyes glanced towards me. They showed regret. 'You don't care about him anymore, Zoe' I reminded myself.

"I-I'm sorry... but I'm afraid I-I don't r-really know you" he stuttered.

"Correct, Steven" she said. "But I know you".

Mine and Steven's face expression showed confusion. I glanced towards Niall, his eyes were fixed on me, like I was the only intersting person or even a thing in his world... like he forgot what we were in, for a moment. My eyes softened. He didn't deserve to go through all of this just for me. But, if you had to fight for your love, wouldn't you fight? If you could sacrifice your life for them, wouldn't you do that?

"It's not like that!" A scream broke through my thoughts making me startled.

The source was Steven, my so-supposed-to-be-dead brother. He was looking straight at me, I was confused. 'What is he talking about?' I thought as my eyebrows narrowed.

"What?" I coldly questioned his weird statment.

"Love" he breathed out. "I can see it in your eyes, the way you look at him, it's like you're dangerously in love with him! It's not healthy!"

"Nonsense!" Niall roared, his voice almost made the birds in the forest six miles away to fly away out of fear. "But you wouldn't understand that!"

"Enough!" Simon snapped. He narrowed his eyebrows. "Can't you fucking understand that we're trying to simplify things and not complicate it more! Idiots!"

"What is he here for?" I asked fixing my gaze on Liara.

She walked towards me slowly. Her piercing red eyes were, like, seeing through me. She wrapped her left arm around her small waist while she rested her right arm on the left arm and let her fingers slightly scratch her neck, making red lines appear then disappear.

"Steven here, has a gift that most witches don't have.." she trailed off.

"What is it?" Niall asked urgently.

"A pure heart... he was gifted with a pure heart that can never be darkened, with a pure heart comes the great power of good, a pure heart is always forgiving, but also, a pure heart is easily harmed".

"What is your intention?" I asked.

"You're confusing us, Liara" Simon spoke.

"It's simple, really. Zoe and Niall have one thing in common, which is a soul that is harmed enough for their hearts to not be able to cure their souls, Simon is the same and I'm even worse... we need a pure heart to balance us out, a witch's pure heart" Liara said, starring at me, but she was not really focused. 'A lost look', I called.

"How did you know all of that?" Steven asked. "How-".

"Stop asking!" Liara angrily snapped. "Do you love your sister enough to help her or what?!"

"Of course I do, bu-"

Liara cutted him off. "Then you wouldn't doubt me" she glared at him then turned her gaze towards Niall. "I think you should prepare a room for him because he'll be staying here for a while" she stated. "Get some rest, all of you, we have a long day tomorrow".

***

"Niall?" I whispered, looking up at Niall's sleeping face.

He hummed. Then, he lazily opened his blue eyes that I adored so much. His arm tightened around me, bringing me even closer to him while his other arm supported my leg that was draped over him.

"What's up, Flame?" He asked. His voice's huskiness melted my heart and made my buttom half tighten.

"I'm scared" I whispered.

"Scared?" He repeated, seeming surprised. "Scared of what? You shouldn't be scared while I'm with you" he seemed a little offended, but I continued.

"I keep getting this feeling that... that you'll be taken away from me, or I'll be taken away from you... I just have a bad feeling in my guts" I spoke while looking in his eyes.

"No one is ever going to take you away from me!" He said then kissed my forehead. "Now rest. We have a long day tomorrow".

"I can't" I whispered while burrying my face in his neck, inhaling his scent, trying to savor it. "Sleep escaped my eyes the day I met Liara".

He loudly breathed out. "Liara, right... I suppose you're still wasting time thinking about her, right? Well, flash news, Flame, Liara is a huge mystery that will never be solved".

I sat up facing his laying form, a frown made its way onto my face. "Are you saying that I should never wonder about her own self? Niall! She just wanna be loved!" I sighned. "Of course you wouldn't get it... you're a guy and you'll never understand a women like Liara... but I do and I'm planning to get to know her more-"

He cutted me off. "Once the deal is over between us, she'll go back to her old self! I've lived with her enough to know how she thinks about and look at the world, she's different in a weird and twisted way".

"But" I snapped. "What if that is exactly what we need?"

He sighned. "Please, just get back into my arms and for once, stop thinking about her".

I huffed then did as told. I laid back into the comfort of his arms, our bodies heat mixing together and our heartbeats were running side by side.

"Who is Issecelt? Please answer me this, and I'll go back to sleep" I whispered.

"Uh, Issecelt is the strongest dark magic witch to ever exist... she can be helpful, but most times she's harmful" Niall said, then continued. "You may not believe it, but Liara gave away herself to Issecelt to get revenge... revenge from the one who killed her mother, Liara knows something, that's why she still wants revenge... Issecelt told her that her soul will be held captive until she gets her revenge... it seems that she'll never get it".

"I think there's more to the story" I said.

----------------------------------

I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday or Friday. I was busy.

Excuse me, this chapter is all over the place.

This chapter is not edited.

AyaJ<3