Pt. 4

It's.....out? OUT! What in the hell? I stood there shocked for like point five seconds. During those point five seconds Devin ran passed me and scored the winning lay up. I was still processing what just happened.

****

"Yn are you okay" sara asked me

"Yeah why?" I asked

"It's been two days and you still haven't stopped looking so shocked."

"sorry it's just hard to believe that I lost to....devin"

just then Devin walked behind you placing his hands on your hips.

"so that's why you can't just talk to me normally?"

"i do talk to you like normal"

"liar" Sara coughed

"go away" i scolded

"fine" Sara huffed as she left  

"Talk to me babe"

"hi" I teased

"really-.-"

"what you said talk"

"are you mad that I won or are you mad you lost?"

"I'm not mad" I angrily argued

"really?"

"positive"

"just have a 1 on 1 rematch!" Kevin yelled walking passed us

"perfect"

"after school?" devin asked

"well duh"

"what time?"

"five"

"playing to what?"

"21"

"ready to lose?"

"ready to cry?"

We kinda just stood there arguing until Kayla pushed me into Devin's arms and I just started to stare at him. He was warm. His eyes were soft and glistening. Uh oh, those damn butterflies again. 

"so uh see you later.... after school.... at 5" I said walking backwards and almost running into someone

"uh yeah i guess"

****

The score is 17- 12. Devin having 17, of course. Why did I agree to a rematch? Why did so many people come to watch? It must be half the school with the majority being upperclassmen. This is weird.

"Hey yn" 

I turned around to see who called me. It was Darrin. Darrin Jones. The cutest senior ever!

"hi Darrin" I replied smiling

"I hope you win"

"me too"

"by the way, Devin's jealous now so he won't be able to concentrate" he whispered into my ear with his hands on my waist

"thanks" I smiled and went back to play

Devin scowled at me while playing defense. He kept a death stare and stared into my eyes paying no attention to which direction I was about to drive to. I took the easy lay up.

"14, 17. check"

he checked the ball and ran up keeping me from driving right, good thing i know how to drive left. 

  "16, 17. check"

He checked the ball but this time he grabbed the ball and we began to fight for it.

"JUMP!" Kevin, one of our 2 refs, yelled. "Dev's ball"

"check" he said plainly

I checked the ball and backed up. The crowd gasped.

"what no defense?" he asked cockily

"shoot the ball dev its an open shot"

and so he did, and like I thought it bounced off rim and into my hands. I backed up into the wing and shot.

"19-17. check" 

After he checked it I went up for the shot he blocked it, cleared it and....3? He just got three on me?!?!

"20-19" Kevin yelled "Next point wins, Dev's ball"

"check babe" devin said

I checked than ran up on defense, he rushed down the center pushing me over.

"OFFENSIVE FOUL!!!" Kayla, our other ref, yelled "two shots"

I got to the free throw line and lined my feet up. I bent my knees. Looked up at the basket and released. In...yes!

"If it's in Yn wins if not it's in ball" kev informed us.

"soft and easy yn you got this" i heard sara say from the sidelines

just like before, i bent my knees dribbled a little and released. and just like before it was in.Devin walked over and shook my hand.

"good game babe"

"you too"

****

I saw Devin walking home, I ran to him.

"devin!" i yelled

"hmmm"

"hmm? okay what'd I do?"

"nothing but have fun with Darrin"

I stood there in confusion and shock. Did he just- what the fuck is he talking abou- oooooh. I ran over to catch back up with him and I grabbed his arm.

"nothings happening between me and Darrin"

"really cuz you sure seemed to have the biggest smile after he wrapped his arms around you"

"it was to make you jealous so I could throw you off your game for a little bit."

he gave me that 'really-bitch-really' look

"sorry" i said all innocently "but I had to win"

"so you planned that with darrin?"

"no! he called my name, I went over, he grabbed onto me"

"but he whispered something to you, obviously something he wouldn't say in front of me"

"yeah, he said 'Devin's jealous now so he won't be able to concentrate' I smiled and went to beat you"

"are you sure?"

"why would I lie about something so stupid"

"you lie about little things all the time"

"like when you said you "really" liked gym"

"I really do like gym, I lied when I said 'that's enough lotion your not that ashy'"

"haha very funny"

"are you really mad"

"no just know that you're mine and I don't like sharing" he said grabbing my waist and pulling me into an unexpected kiss.

"well okay then" I laughed.

Sorry for the late update. Hopefully you liked this. Next imagine is a .......... KEVIN IMAGINE!!!!! 

Follow me on Ig- vxnitee & twitter- cierratouree if ya feel like it! and yeah I'll update when I can!

~Cierra