Sweet Dream or Beautiful Nightmare {d.v}

"I told you going out in the rain weren't a good idea" you nagged as you tucked in Daniel to bed, "but no you wouldn't listen and here you are sick in bed".

"Come on (Y/N), you know that it was fun. You were twirling in the rain, while I was just jumping in the puddles" he said with a nasally voice and sneezing at the end of his sentence.

"yea but then I told you that we should head inside, but you didn't listen to me" you said as you placed a tissue box near on his bedside table and the trash bin next to his bed, so he could easily dispose of the used tissues.

"I know but it was so much fun", he said reaching over for his first of many tissues.

"I know, but I'm here to take care of you, because I am just an amazing best friend. And before you know it, you'll be back on your feet", you said proudly.

"Thank you (Y/N)", he said with a smile and puffed up nose.

"So I guess I'll get started with your soup, do you want chicken noodle or ..."

"Chicken noodle is fine (Y/N)", he said with a smile, reaching for another tissue to blow his nose.

"Ok then, I'll get started on that right now, if you need anything just yell for me, or text me if you can't speak that loud", you said as you stood up.

You were about to walk away until Daniel reached for your hand, holding you in place, "I really appreciate everything that you do for me (Y/N)" he said softly.

"It's no big deal, you would do the same for me", you said with a smile before walking out the room to begin making him his soup, "oh and Daniel you should take a nap, you need to rest if you want to get better soon.

You were finishing the last few touches to the soup, before pouring Daniel a bowl full of your delicious soup. Since you left his room, he hasn't ever made you bring him anything to his room, so your best guess was that he did take a nap while you were in the kitchen. You were glad that he was resting, since he rarely ever does, which could have been a reason why he got sick in the first place.

You finally poured him a bowl and let it cool for a bit before taking it to Daniel. As you were entering his room you were greeted by the sight of him sleeping in his bed. He looked so innocent and actually handsome as he slept. He was sleeping on his side as his hands were clutching a pillow, almost like hugging it. You set the bowl of soup on his desk and just stayed there looking at him.

You wanted to take a picture to tease him, of how childish he looks like when he sleeps, but as you were pulling out your phone you heard him speak.

"(Y/N)" he whispered out.

Your eyes shut up. You have been caught staring at your best friend. But when you looked up you saw that he was still clutching the pillow and that his eyes were still shut... he was still asleep. But then he let out your name again and this time managed to cuddle his pillow as he smiled at you. He had been dreaming of you. You knew that you should leave, that watching him and wanting to listen to what else he was going to say was an invasion of his privacy but you had to know exactly what he was dreaming, especially when it concerned you of all people.

You brought the bowl closer to him placing it on the bed side table, but far enough that he won't be able to knock it down and stared at Daniel's sleeping form, hoping that any second he would whisper more things out. You watched as his smile grew slowly and how he nuzzled his face into the pillow, but he had yet to whisper any words out to you. But then you heard it, he spoke again.

"(Y/N) I love you too, I always have", he mumbled out with a large smile etched on his face.

You replayed that sentence over and over in your head, wanting to make sure that what you heard was actually the correct thing and not some trick played on by your ears. But no matter how many times you tried to deny what you heard, you knew that you heard the right sentence.

Daniel was in love with you. He dreamt of you admitting that you loved him, and wondered how often he had this dream or was this the first time. You knew that maybe it wasn't what he meant, sometimes you say things without meaning it, and it's just that you want to talk. But then you remembered that a dream expresses a person's inner desires. And you were his. You admitting that you love Daniel were one of his inner desires. You wanted to walk out of the house to process what you heard, but you knew that you couldn't because you wanted to know the truth, because you also had feelings for Daniel, your best friend.