Playbook: Tryouts

I pushed open the door to Lyne's class. I saw Kevin sitting in his desk in the middle row closest to the windows. I walked over to him grabbed his arm and led him outside.

"YN!" Lyne yelled. "yes" I said smiling as if I was apart of his class. "Mr. Alston has work to do" he informed me. I went back to Kevin's desk and grabbed the paper off his desk and held it up. "Yeah not really" I said grasping Kevin's wrist again. "Ms. YLN!" "2 minutes and he'll be back"

As we stepped outside Devin and Daniel ran up to us. "Go away!" I yelled at them. "Anyway Kevin I gotta ask you some questions." "Uh okay" he nervously replied. "but first we have to talk to you" Daniel interrupted. "okay in a sec" kev reassured them.

Kevin led me to a bench outside and we sat down. "tell me" I blurted out. "tell you what?" he asked confused. "tell me when you stopped being my bestfriend." "I never stopped being your bestfriend" "then why have you been acting so different?" "I haven't been acting different" "yes you have" "yes you have" he mocked me in an accent. "haha very funny" I rolled my eyes. "look I'm just chillen" he explained. "mhmmm whatever" i rolled my eyes again. "roll your eyes one more time" he joked. I laughed. "you know what come over Friday and we'll do something after my and the bros spend some time in the studio" he suggested. "I'll be there."

Kevin walked me to class and I assume he went back to class

***

Why did I agree to watch a scary movie? I hated them with a passion, why anyone would spend time watching a movie who's whole purpose it to scare you senseless to the point where you couldn't even fall asleep? But here I was in Kevin's house watching a scary movie, since this time it was Daniel's turn to decide and today he decided to choose this. What was wrong with him? I really thought he was going to choose something dope like a action movie, or something funny, but no he had to pick this.

And now here I was wrapped around a blanket hoping that it would protect me from whatever was on the screen. I thought that if I kept my eyes covered, I wouldn't be scared, but hearing the movie made it worse. I knew that I had to bare it through it would only be at most two hours long, I could do that right?
"Hey (Y/N) are you alright?" Kevin asked as he was sitting right next to me like he always does.
"Yea, I'm fine Kev", I said not wanting to worry anyone, since I knew that the rest of the guys was actually enjoying the movie.
"No you're not (Y/N), I know when you are lying to me", he said with a smile.
I was about to tell him, when all of a sudden a loud crash came from the movie, making me scream and bury my head against Kevin's chest, hoping he would protect me.
"You're scared?" he asked with amusement. I nodded, burying my face further into his body. But then I felt his arms wrap around me, bringing me closer him as he placed his head on to of mys. "Don't worry I'll keep you safe" he whispered into my ear, and slowly I felt my fear melt away.
The film was finally over and it wasn't that bad as I thought, but it could have been since Kevin's arms around me distracted me from it. It was finally time for us to sleep, since we was sleepy.
"Hey (Y/N), how about you go to sleep and we'll all take care of the mess ok", he said as he got up and stretched.
"Hey how come she doesn't have to clean?" Daniel asked.
"because she wasn't the one that was throwing popcorn", he answasd, "(Y/N) I have some of my clothes in the bottom drawer if want" he told me remembering that I had clothes here from spending so much time and sleepovers at his house.
I nodded and made my way to his room to change into my pajamas. As I finished I decided that I should help out the guys a bit, since it really was unfair for them to clean and I do nothing, since I sort of made a mess too. As I was nearing the guys I heard them talking.
"So Kevin when are you going to tell her?" Devin asked.
"I don't know, I really want to tell her, but everytime I try to tell her I just can't", Kevin admitted.
"It's not that hard Kevin, just go up to (Y/N) and tell her that you like her", Daniel added.
"Shut up Daniel, what if she heard you", Kevin said with a worried tone.
"You really should tell her though, I mean who knows maybe she will like you too, but you have to try", Devin said casually.
my eyes widened. Kevin likes me. my best friend, harbored feelings for me, and they all knew it. I felt my heart racing, why was suddenly so nervous about being here, I wasn't like this a few minutes ago. Was I slowly realizing that maybe I was smitten with Kevin without even knowing it?
"I get it, I should tell (Y/N) that I really like her, but she's also my best friend, and as much as I would love for her to be mine, I can't risk losing her if she doesn't feel the same for me. I don't mind that she doesn't like me, because just being there for her is enough for me. But who knows maybe one day I'll tell her", he said with a confident voice.
He really did love me and maybe I was starting to feel the same way too.

Guess what. That's part 4!!!! If you want a part 5+ comment below and it will be its own book! Thanks for 21k reads yall are amazing!!!! Next book is Devin😏💦