How To Love <DG>

Day 2: First Kiss

So, there was 10 votes for who this should be about: 1 for Kevin, 4 for Devin and 4 for Daniel. So this is a half Daniel and a Dev story! 2 for the price of 1!

You sat on the couch, both of your bodies touching, his foot tapping on the floor. You were talking with Devin, just about the both of your lives, and how radically different they were. What Devin didn't know was the feelings you had for him. It was typical, the one sided crush, he was off touring and living his dream while you stayed at home, watching and cheering from the sidelines. "So, lots of girls?" You asked, biting your lip. He smirked a bit, shaking his head. "Surprisingly not." He said, your head whipping around to look at him. "Really? You have thousands of teenage girls throwing themselves at you, and you don't do anything?" You said a bit dumbfounded. He shrugged his shoulders. "What about you? Any boys I have to watch out for?" He said, a light tone to his voice, but his eyes were a little off. You laughed despite yourself, "nope, no problem there." You said, playing with the hem of your shirt. "Really?" He said, his voice taking on a different pitch. "Really. Guys don't like me, they'd rather be with the other girls at school, you know the ones I mean." You said shaking your head. "How far have you gone with a guy?" He asked suddenly, making an unattractive red hue colour your cheeks as you looked down at your lap. "I'm sorry," He added. "That's really rude of me, and out of place. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He said, coughing a bit. "No, you're my best friend Dev. I... I haven't done anything." You said in a hushed tone, embarrassment evident in your posture. "Not even kiss?" He said, looking at you. You shook your head, allowing the long strands of hair to obscure your face. "Do you want to change that?" Devin asked after a few moments of silence, the question coming out of no where. You sputtered a bit, clearly caught off guard. "Sorry?" You said, making sure you heard right. He shifted his body so he was facing you. "Do you want me to be your first kiss?" He repeated, his expression dead serious. You searched his face for any sign that this was a joke, but he seemed convinced that he would be your first kiss. You meekly nodded your head, unsure of what to do. He broke out into a smile. "Turn a bit, like face me." You did as he asked, unsure of what to do next. "Just close your eyes and lean in, just follow what I do." He said. You closed your eyes, poised and ready for whatever he was going to do. You felt the gentle brush of his lips on yours, your heart fluttering. You kissed him back, his hands sliding up your legs to grip your waist. You took this as an opportunity to wrap your hands around his neck, as he deepened the kiss. After a few moments he pulled away, just to rest his head on your forehead. "Thats why there aren't any girls, because I've been waiting for you." He whispered, a smile playing on the corner of his lips. You pressed yours against his again, expressing that you felt exactly the same way.

• • •

My legs laid across Daniel's as I kicked his ass in Mario Kart, for a fifth time. I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him. This was my break up package. In the passed year, I've dated four people, and they all ended badly. Daniel shook his head.

"I'll go order some pizza and grab the ice cream?" He swung my legs off of him and began towards the kitchen.

"Don't forget the root beer!" I heard Dan chuckle, and soon returned with everything, along with his wallet to pay for the pizza. He put in my favorite movie before sitting beside me, wrapping his arm around me as we ate the ice cream. Around 45 minutes later, the doorbell went, signalling the pizza was here.

"A dinner for the most beautiful queen." Dan spoke, a small smile on his face. I thanked him, kissing his cheek. "I know I shouldn't say this, considering you just got broken up with, but I finally did it. I asked that girl out." I smiled, and clapped my hands together before throwing my arms around him.

"That's great Dani! Hopefully one of us can find their happily ever after." After all the food was gone, and we watched two films, Daniel walked me home as he always does. He kissed my forehead, telling me to sleep tonight, and stay up all night like I used to. I nodded, used to break ups by now. It's been four this year, three last year, and five the year before. It sounds like a lot of people, but I didn't date them for very long. My longest was five months.

I gave up trying to sleep around 9, and just showered, and went downstairs to watch a movie. My mom worked weekends all months, so she was obviously at work. I got some cereal, and sat criss crossed on the couch, watching Shrek.

Noon rolled around, and my doorbell rang. My best friend stood there, holding a bouquet of flowers. He held them out for me, a nervous smile on his face. I gladly took them from him, and rushed to put them in water.

"What about your date?" Daniel sighed as we went to sit on the couch together. He laughed at my movie choice, causing me to playfully hit him. "Tell me."

"We went to coffee and breakfast, but I couldn't be happy. Because I was out with the wrong girl. I realized I would much rather sit in for movies and video games with you. I would rather go the arcade in our skinny jeans. I would rather go to coffee and breakfast with you, dressed in sweat pants and a baggy hoodie. I can be myself with you, and I realized today, that I only want you. So, what do you say? Let's both find our happily ever after, within each other." I didn't think twice before pressing my lips to his.