Chapter Two: Gotham

Gotham, 12/3/15, 8:54 PM

Nightwing flipped up onto the roof as he ran across the edge looking for his target.  He spotted a glint in the distance and pursued.  He began to step forward when he heard a WHOOSH above him.  He looked up as Black Canary landed in front of him.  She stood there raising her hand as Nightwing stepped forward.

"What are you doing?"  He asked pointing in the direction the glint moved, "I almost-!"

"Had him?"  Black Canary asked raising an eyebrow, "Don't kid yourself, Dick.  He would have killed you."

"I'm not letting him get away."  Nightwing shook his head moving past her, but Black Canary put a hand on his chest pushing him back.

"No.  You will let him go for now, there are more important things to deal-"

"Like what?!"  Nightwing asked raising his voice, "He killed Grant and knew Cassie's name!  We need to catch him before he does something to reveal our identities!"

"And we will, but for now there is another matter we need to deal with."  Black Canary's piercing eyes stabbed him like daggers, "Deathstroke was spotted in Metropolis.  He's moving big cards together.  We can't have another Ring of Evil or Vandal Savage group on our hands.  The League is sending in our best.  We figured you would want in-"

"I do, but the Red Hood is more important."  Nightwing shook his head, "He knows our names.  You can't say that doesn't scare you!  Who else do you think knows?"

"Lots of secrets have been kept recently it seems."  Black Canary turned away, Nightwing noticed a hint of aggression in her voice.  She knew something.

"What do you mean by that?"  Nightwing asked raising an eyebrow.

"I know about Artemis, Dick."  Black Canary stated simply and looked out at the city.

He had no words.  Did Kaldur tell her?  Or perhaps she simply put the pieces together.  Black Canary was not stupid after all.  Dick stayed silent as she sighed.

"I'm sure you and Kaldur had your reasons for keeping it from us, from all of us."  Black Canary continued, "But it was your choice, that means the repercussions will be your own too."

"We did it for the good of the Team."  Nightwing replied shrugging, "That's not Artemis anymore.  She's gone.  What's left is just an empty cold hearted shell."

"Well-"  Black Canary began sounding as though she were about to go on a long speech about truth and honor, but suddenly the League communicators started beeping loudly.

"Come in!  Come in!  Anyone!"  A voice yelled through the communication link, Nightwing recognized Black Lightning's voice.

"Jefferson, what is it?"  Black Canary asked narrowing her eyes as she listened.

"I'm with Firestorm in Coast City, we've got a big problem!"  Jefferson yelled, but his communicator cut out.

Black Canary immediately leaped off the roof landing on the one lower beneath it, Nightwing followed her.  

Time to jump into the fray.

Coast City, 12/3/15, 9:15 PM

Nightwing looked around as he, Black Canary, Cyborg, and Red Tornado walked into a large complex.  It was an industrial workplace, some sort of factory, but Nightwing did not hear much of it.  All he knew was that Firestorm and Black Lightning were in trouble here, which meant something was deeply wrong.  The factory creaked and shuddered as a loud crash sounded, something had fallen over.