Chapter Fifteen: Gotham

Gotham, 12/24/15, 2:32 PM

Kyle squinted as they moved through the streets of Gotham, there were barely any parademons in sight.  It was strange, as if the city were completely deserted.  He looked up as he saw a light in the sky, something was floating above the GCPD building.  He widened his eyes as he saw the yellow spark in the sky, it had to be Doctor Fate.  He looked over at his friends as they moved up towards the building's parking lot.  

"Hello?"  Kyle called out as the group moved closer, "Is anyone there?"  He yelled again.

Suddenly, a figure flew down the building and landed in front of them.  Kyle widened his eyes as he recognized Wonderwoman standing before him, another figure flew down and landed next to her, it was Cyborg.

"You're all okay!"  He exclaimed moving over to them, "We've been waiting for someone for days!  I never thought we'd see you again!"

"You're alright?"  Wonderwoman asked softly to Martian Manhunter, whom was still weak.

"I'll live."  He replied chuckling, "I'm just glad we made it.  It's been a while."

"It has."  She nodded back.

The group moved towards the building and moved up to the roof where guards stood alongside heroes.  Kyle widened his eyes as he saw Kaldur standing with a girl beside him.

"Wait a minute..."  Kyle widened his eyes as he saw the girl, she looked familiar..."Artemis?"  He asked recognizing her from the crypt holograms, "How is that possible?"

Kaldur glanced at Artemis quickly and the two looked back, "She survived and came to help us.  We didn't question it."

"So what's our plan of action now?"  Terra asked jumping up and down, "I want some revenge on that creep in the sky."

"There is no plan."  Wally sighed walking over, Barry almost yelped as he ran over hugging his friend.

"You're okay?"  Barry asked looking Wally in the eyes as the two stood together.

"I'm okay."  Wally nodded weakly and the two embraced again.

"No plan?"  Shazam asked tilting his head, "We have nothing to go on?"

"We save people, that's what you do."  Commissioner Gordon replied walking out, "We can strike when we can, but we need to help people out there."

"No."  A voice said from the elevator door, walking out was Hawkgirl, Kyle eyed her closely as she moved to the circle, "I want revenge on that bastard for what he's done.  He deserves death, slowly and painfully."

"We have no way to get on that thing."  Black Lightning voiced now from a guard tower, "We don't know where Miss Martian is or if the Bio-Ship is even still functioning!"

"We should find the others before doing anything."  Kaldur spoke, Kyle knew that he was worried about Cassie still.  He was likely suffering deeply from not knowing if she was okay or not.

"That could take months."  Hawkgirl shot back, "Time.  Time we don't have."

"We must use our time wisely."  Martian Manhunter cut in, "We need to assess our enemy's strengths and weaknesses.  The Warworld must have an opening somewhere.  If we look, we will find it, but we will not defeat Darkseid with such a small force."

"No, you're not."  A voice spoke from above them, the group looked up as Constantine appeared on the highest guard post.

"Constantine?"  Wonderwoman asked in shock, "You're alive!"