Chapter Nineteen: Gotham

Gotham, 12/26/15, 3:20 PM

Connor leaped at the parademon as it ran around the corner.  He slammed into it's back, but it let out a screech and slammed him against a truck.  The parademon turned around as Risk and Killer Frost rounded the corner blasting at it with their respective attacks.  The parademon flew up in the air and Connor leaped up to catch it, but it knocked him away.  He tumbled down below smashing into the ground.  He looked up as Wondergirl flew up catching the parademon with her lasso and smashing it into the ground.  Connor got up running over as the group moved to surround the creature, but it let out a louder screech as they did and disoriented them with it.  The parademon slashed Killer Frost back and Risk leaped in blasting it back towards Wondergirl.  Wondergirl slammed her fist into the back of the creature hitting towards Connor, he leaped forward smashing it into the ground with his fists and tore into the torso with his bare hands. 

"Connor look out!"  Cassie's voice yelled out, but suddenly he felt a claw slashing through his side and knocking him off of the parademon.  He went rolling away and came to a halt near Killer Frost.  He looked back seeing another parademon lumbering towards him.  In the air, more parademons began flying down a swarm was moving in. 

"NO!"  Kaldur's voice yelled out as more footsteps came running towards them.  Connor looked over as Kaldur leaped in with his trident and behind him, Wildcat, Firestorm, Artemis, Black Lightning, Wally, and Doctor Fate moving in to help fight the swarm off.

Connor stood up as Killer Frost helped him to his feet.

"Thanks."  He muttered as the villainess moved beside him snickering.

"Funny, for once we're all working together."  Killer Frost said glancing at Connor and raising her hands, "Might as well enjoy it, big guy."  She laughed blasting ice particles at the parademons as they flew towards the group.

Connor slammed into a parademon knocking it into the ground, he slammed his fists into the creature's chest.  Meanwhile, Kaldur leaped over a parademon and slammed his trident into the creature's back.  He knocked it forward allowing Risk to blast through it with his powers.  Cassie slammed another parademon into the air and Firestorm to set it ablaze.  Black Lightning electrocuted one so it moved slower while Doctor Fate ripped it to pieces.  Wally sped around creating a wind-funnel to keep the rest of the swarm at bay. 

Connor punched another one back and an arrow punctured its skull and exploded.  He looked over seeing Artemis running around and firing arrows.  It was strange to have her back... but something was still different about her, Connor didn't trust her, after all she had done he could never trust her again.  He watched as she ran up firing more arrows into the fray.

It was almost like old times... But the rest of the team was still missing, he had to find them.

The swarm was nearly depleted now, the heroes were winning the fight.  Connor leaped up into the rest of the swarm dragging down another parademon as they screeched at the group.  He brought it down and cracked through it's body splitting it in two.

Suddenly, Connor felt a pain in his back.  He collapsed as another blast hit him, some strange energy source.  He hit the ground with a THUD!  What had hit him?  He heard screaming and yells as the same sound went off over and over.  He looked back seeing someone approaching the group with their hands raised.  He squinted seeing the figure closer... his eyes widened as he recognized him...

John Constantine.

"TRAITOR!"  Someone yelled and flew at him, but he blasted them away too.

Connor slowly stood up as Constantine approached them and blasted Kaldur back as he charged.