Chapter Seventeen: Belle Reve

Belle Reve, 12/26/15, 1:43 AM

Darkseid felt the earth beneath his feet as he stepped towards the crumbling prison complex. He raised his hand blasting a hole in the wall and kept moving through. He looked around as then night sky held its power over the world, but tonight his Warworld held all the control. Darkseid stepped forward when suddenly something flashed past him, he saw the figure flying towards him before it reached him. He raised his hand blocking the punch, surprisingly the figure was stronger than he looked.

"TETH-ADAM!" Darkseid boomed and the figure froze mid-air.

"You know my name?" The man asked tilting his head in confusion.

"Yes, Black Adam." Darkseid grinned, his red-eyes shining down upon the figure, "Anyone else would have died if they did that to me, but I need your help."

"My help?" Black Adam asked crossing his arms and looking up at Darkseid in curiosity.

"Yes, there are some pests that are complicating my plans and my parademons are not doing their job in catching them. I need a few new agents anyways; you are stronger than most, I want you to be one of my new agent."

"I...I graciously accept." Black Adam grinned nodding and raising his fist in the air, "I will help you. What is my task?"

"Very good." Darkseid grinned, "I want you to kill the remnants of the Justice League."

Gotham, 12/26/15, 9:09 AM

Kaldur weakly limped out of the make-shift shack on the rooftop as Artemis stirred him awake. He looked up as sunlight began shining down on the city. Parademons were low in number since the attack, combing the area for any survivors of the raid.

The GCPD building was gone, ripped apart by Darkseid, everyone in it were either dead or captive. Martian Manhunter was dead, Constantine a traitor, Wonderwoman had been captured as well as Terra, Black Canary, and Metamorpho.

The ones that made it out with Kaldur and Artemis were Doctor Fate, Wally, Firestorm, Black Lightning, and Kyle. They had no clue where Wildebeast, Shazam, Cyborg, Hawkgirl ,or Crescent.

Kaldur watched as Doctor Fate floated down to the rooftop and stood on the edge of the building as he looked out at the city.

"You noticing anything strange about Fate?" Kaldur asked Artemis as he watched the mysterious hero with the body of a villain, "He's become less...talkative. Much more... brutal."

"I haven't noticed." Artemis shrugged, "I don't blame him though, after what has happened I think we're all becoming a bit more brutal."

"Wally?" Artemis asked as Wally appeared behind her in a flash.

"We need to go now!" Wally yelled as he sped into the shack gathering his things, "We've got a BIG problem!"

"Problem? What kind of problem? Parademons? Darkseid?"

Firestorm, Black Lightning, and Kyle ran out with confused faces. Kyle ran up to them as Wally sped around faster than ever.

"Bad...Really, really, really-" Wally said speeding up as his voice sped up with him.

"WALLY!" Doctor Fate boomed turning around and raising his hand lifting Wally into the air.

"HEY!" Artemis yelled in anger as Doctor Fate slowly let Wally down, he was shivering in fear.

"Explain yourself." Doctor Fate said much more gently.

"I...I... Black... Black Adam..." Wally said widening his eyes and looking up into the air.