Chapter Five: Metropolis

Metropolis, 12/8/15, 11:02 PM

"CYBORG!" Aquaman called out as the group continued to search for their missing teammate.

"He's not reporting in on his radio either." Black Lightning sighed through the radio as the group moved around.

"We need to regroup before they get anymore of us." Nightwing insisted as the air of the night grew denser, something was very wrong here.

Aquaman agreed, "Right, lets regroup at my position, everyone move to me ASAP."

"Got it." Hawkgirl reported as Aquaman heard the flapping of wings nearby. He looked up at the night sky as the moon shined down on the city. It was freezing out, yet Metropolis was not yet snowed in.

"Oh Kaldur." A voice said from behind, Aquaman whirled around raising his trident as a figure stepped out of the darkness.

He widened his eyes as he recognized Deathstroke in the blackness of the night. He raised his trident readying for a fight, but Deathstroke waved him off shaking his head.

"I'm not here to fight you." Deathstroke shook his head, "I'm here to help you."

"Help me?" Aquaman raised an eyebrow, "And I'm supposed to believe that?"

"You know of the Red Hood?" Deathstroke asked and Aquaman lowered his trident slowly.

"Of course..."

"He's a threat, a major threat." Deathstoke sighed, "He is going to do worse than I ever did to your old team. I know I have killed your own before, but he will kill more. He has a reason to. He has a vendetta."

"A vendetta? What kind of vendetta?" Kaldur asked stepping back.

"That will be much easier to understand once you know his true identity." Deathstroke was grinning behind his mask, Aquaman could feel it.

"You know who the Red Hood is?"

"I do." Deathstroke nodded, "And I will help you defeat him, if you allow me to. But you cannot turn on me, and I will not on you either."

"No." A voice said from behind Kaldur, he looked over as Nightwing walked out, "He has Cyborg! We cannot trust him!"

"I never took Cyborg." Deathstroke looked at them confused, "What do you-?"

Kaldur widened his eyes as he realized who must have taken him.

"Artemis." Kaldur whispered, "She must be the one..."

"Deathstroke!" A voice yelled from above as Hawkgirl landed with Black Lightning as well, "We've got you!"

"Stop!" Kaldur yelled, "This is not Deathstroke's doings! It's-!"

"All of you freeze!" A voice yelled from above as Kaldur saw more figures appearing above and around the area.  He looked up as Spike landed in the area with her energy swords in hand.  She raised them as Deathstroke drew his own sword and Aquaman raised his trident, he could barely believe he was working with Slade Wilson, the man who killed Starfire and Beastboy.

Kaldur looked up as he saw Merlyn moving in with Ruck, the four armed gunman, and Chesire also moving in.  He did not spot Artemis though.

"We will kill Cyborg if you attempt to fight!"  Chesire yelled as she landed in front of Nightwing.

Kaldur widened his eyes as the threat was issued.  He could not allow Cyborg to die, not another hero would die on his watch.  He lowered his trident as Merlyn landed next to Ruck.