Chapter Twenty-Two: Uraria

Uraria, 12/27/15, 10:12 AM

"Shit, shit, shit..."  Connor muttered as he lifted off a block of concrete from his back.  He felt the dust weighing down on him as he stood among the rubble.  He looked around as the battle raged on, parademons and the supers fighting against each other.  Connor looked up at the sky as the Warworld blocked out the sun and brought on dark clouds.  He looked towards the original mine site of the Monolith where a massive column of light shot up at the Warworld, the portal.

"Shit."  Connor murmured as he stood looking up at the light shooting up at the Warworld where the parademons circled around it protecting their master's lair.  He squinted seeing several heroes and villains fighting around it attempting to reach the portal.

Connor began moving back towards the mine site, "Shit shit shit..."  He kept muttering as he moved towards the column of light.

Two hours earlier...

The time distortion from the portal affected Kaldur immediately.  They skipped seventeen hours by taking the portals to Uraria.

The portal opened up as Kaldur stepped through with the rest of the group.  They were in Uraria, Doctor Fate managed to get everyone through before any parademons could stop them.  Kaldur held on to Cassie tight as they stepped through, this place left them bad memories too many...

Artemis and Wally held hands together as they moved through, as did Megan and Connor.  They were all supporting each other.  Kaldur looked at Cassie as they stepped onto the dirt they had stepped on merely a few months ago.

"I can't believe we're back..."  Cassie whispered in horror, "Oh god... I don't know if..."

"Cassie."  Kaldur said softly taking her hand and moving it to her face, "We can do this, we have to."  He looked into her clear blue eyes, her soft blonde hair falling on her shoulders as Kaldur held her close, "We're here to end this, together."

Cassie nodded, her eyes glistening as she stared into Kaldur's own.  She smiled and nodded whispering back, "Together."  Kaldur smiled feeling the warmth of her hands on his, he leaned forward kissing her lightly before turning towards the original mine site of the Monolith.

"Oy vey."  Killer Frost muttered moving beside Kaldur, "Sappy teenagers."

Kaldur ignored her as he stepped forward next to Doctor Fate.

"So we just need to find the place where the Monolith stood and you can tap into it's power?"  Kaldur asked looking to Fate, but Fate did not look back.

"Yes.  I feel it's power growing as we speak, but..."  Fate said anxiously and with doubt.

"But what?"  Kaldur asked tilting his head to the side to look at Fate in the face, his eyes were still a dark blue, but fixated in a trance on the mine site.

"Fate..."  Kaldur said attempting to snap him out of the trance.

"I feel it's power...The Monolith wishes to be freed."  Fate replied turning to look at Kaldur, "Kaldur'ahm... I am afraid that if we go through with this process, it may set off something we can't stop."

"That's a risk we must take."  Kaldur said without a second thought, "We will keep your demons in check, but first we stop Darkseid."

Fate nodded floating into the air towards the mine site.  Kaldur looked back at Cassie with unwavering eyes.

"Are you sure about this?"  She asked walking with him as the group moved towards the site.

"We have no other choice."  Kaldur sighed, "Without any other transportation onto the Warworld, we can't save the planet or our friends."