Chapter Twenty-Five: National City

National City, 12/27/15, 11:23 AM

"MOVE MOVE MOVE!"  A voice yelled as a crowd of people ran out of the National City library as the parademons swarmed in on the building.  The crowd of people trampled down the steps as the parademons flew in from above snatching whatever bodies they could.  A parademon was blasted back by a surge of water from one of the ponds as it swooped down.

"MOVE!"  The voice yelled again, it was Aquagirl!  She used the water to create a jet that she used to knock away another parademon.  Further into the crowd another individual floated into the air with her arms raised.  She muttered a few words and cast a shadow into the air that held back the oncoming parademons.

"Good job Raven!"  Aquagirl yelled as she kicked a parademon away.  Near her more parademons moved for the entrance to the library, but someone else helped to fight them off.

"Bumblebee watch out!"  Aquagirl yelled to Karen as she flew up blasting at the several parademons, her small shocks did little to stop the creatures, but luckily another hero was there to help.  Bumblebee blasted several parademons back, but then Red Star flew up behind her blasting the parademons away with flames and punches.  Red Star, a strong young man with a green suit and a red star on his chest had met Tula during the invasion along with Bumblebee and Raven.  The four formed their own group to help protect National City, but they could do little against the massive force against them.

Tula just hoped that her dear friend Kaldur'ahm was still alive and planning something to stop the invasion.  Or else there would soon be nothing left to protect.  Tula looked up in the sky as the Warworld overlooked National City.  Hopefully someone was up there fighting for them.

Warworld, 12/27/15, 12:04 AM

"Come on!"  Kaldur yelled as his team fought their way through the tunnel towards the larger chamber ahead.  He looked at Cyborg's map as he raised his hydro-sword and pointed it ahead.  To his left, Superman, Wondergirl, Kyle, Shazam, and Clayface barreled through the oncoming parademons while on his right Blue Devil, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Doctor Fate, Crescent, and Killer Frost moved in on that side.  They were closing in on Darkseid's control center where he commanded the Warworld.  Drones and parademons alike flew through the tunnel as the group fought their way in.

Kaldur yelled a battlecry running alongside his friends slashing a parademon down and electrifying another ahead.  He leaped up stabbing one in the head and leaping backwards over another.  He spun around slashing through one's stomach and slashing it in half to move through into the hoard.  He wondered how many parademons Darkseid had at his command, how could he replace them so easily?  Kaldur had thought of one way to stop him by stopping his creation of his army, but there were so many he had no clue where to start.  The group kept fighting until they reached a large pair of doors.  They backed themselves against the doors as the parademons attacked from behind.  Kaldur ordered his group to form a half-ring surrounding the doors while he attempted to open them.  Kaldur moved up to the doors song with Doctor Fate and Blue Devil examining them as quickly as he could.

"Any ideas?"  Kaldur asked looking to the two as the others roared against the screeches of the parademons.  He put his hand on the doors feeling them over, they were strong and heavy meaning they could handle the parademons if shut on.  They just needed to open them first.

"Couldn't we teleport to the other side?"  Blue Devil asked looking over at Doctor Fate as he looked up at the doors.  Doctor Fate looked over shaking his head.

"I'm afraid my powers are being limited by something."  Doctor Fate said slowly, it looked as though he were struggling with something inside.

"Fate... Are you alright?"  Kaldur asked tilting his head as Doctor Fate looked back at the doors.