♥Alone♥

"Just a little more...come on you can do this...a little farther"

My whispers of encouragement barely reached my own ears. My voice nearly gone from yelling a few hours ago for help. Its no longer night and its far into the morning. My guess is around 8, ive been gone for nearly 12 hours.

"A littl-" I collapse before finishing.

My injured ankle, a hideous shade of black and purple, is swollen and hurts even worse than my head that feels like my skull is splitting in half. My nose seems to be the only thing that got better, it still has dried blood all over it and is most definitely bruised but not broken i think.

I look around and see the same surroundings, bare and empty farmland with dead grass and no signs of life. No shade in sight, the road under the hands and knees already starting to burn in heat.

I try and push myself up, but going so long without water or resting with my injuries made me weak. I put weight on my arms and they shake violently in protest. I already know i can't place all of my weight on my one good foot to get back up either.

Thats when the sobs take over. Theres no tears, my body too dehydrated to pull up even one. I dry heave onto the ground, it makes my ribs hurt and my throat to burn with acid from my stomach,  but nothing came out. I cant help but to slump down onto the ground and rest my head on the ground, my arms crossed over my pained stomach, empty of food.

Its like my body has just given up, accepted the end.

'Is this it?' I cant help but wonder.

There was no time to think before black dots began to come into my vision, obscuring the world. I feel my body relax and then the blackness takes over and everything goes silent, before i could hear the car pulling over or the car door opening and slamming. There was nothing but silence to me. It was simple for me to understand- I was to die alone, not with my brothers in a nursing home with them still fussing over me, even in our golden years. I was to go alone.

∞Tim's POV∞

"AND IIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOOOOUUUUOU, YEAHHHH!" I belt out to the radio.

I drum by fingers against the steering wheel of my Black Ford Mustang, aka my baby. Not a single scratch on her. I drive down Parkingson Road or popularly know as Death Row Road, since its so long and nothing close to it. Just blank empty farmland. Nobody ever really really uses this road anymore, only if you want to drive into Springly by backroad.

Honestly i dont even think its worth it to use this road, but i dont feel like putting up with traffic and my Grandpa, who lives in Springly, wants me to visit him. The guy wouldnt even know who i am if it werent for the nursing home ladies to constantly ask if i was going to visit.

I dont know if it was fate that i didnt want to put up with traffic and ended up on this part of the road at a perfect time or what. But i can speak for myself and others that it was a relief.

I hum along to the radio and sigh, as i go to turn the station i see something in the road ahead. I slow down as i get close then completely slam on my breaks when i see that its person, young person at that.

I get out of my car, when i see it. The hair, the clothes, and the nails crudely painted by most likely one of her brothers. Sam.

I slam the door and race over to her, eyes closed and breath slowing. I had no time to think. I gathered her extremely too light of a form into my arms and carried her to my car. I opened the backseat an gently put her inside, minding her ankle that looks broken. I shut the door and run to the driver seat and slide in. I start the car, and speedily do a u-turn.  Going over the speed limit i race to the hospital.

I lost time as i sped into the parking lot of the closet emergency center. I pull infront, and quickly go to the back and pick up Sam. Her limp body cradled to my chest, i run into the hospital.

"HELP PLEASE HELP! SHE NEEDS ATTENTION NOW!" I yell gaining attention of some nurses.

One runs over while the other rushes to get a room ready. The nurse grabs Sam's wrist and checks for a pulse.

"Pulse is weak and getting slower!" She shouts to the nurse hurrying over with a stretcher.

They place Sam on it and hurry away saying medical conditions. I take a step to follow but am held back by a male nurse.

"Sir we are going to need to ask questions, are you related to her?'' He asks.

"Huh? Uh no, no" I stumble out running a hand through my hair.

"Do you know any family of hers?" He questions.

"Yeah, i do" I breathe out, remembering that i put Sam's brother, Blake, number into my phone when i was looking through her phone without her knowledge. I took it so that maybe later i could prank call him, i never got around to it though.

"If you give me the number i can contact them and inform them" The nurse says holding out a hand.

I take out my phone and scroll to the contact. I hand him the phone and he looks at it, punching in the numbers into a hospital phone. When he gets it, he hands me my phone and waits fro Blake to pick up.

I chew my lip as i hear a hello on the other end.

N= Nurse  B= Blake

N-''Hello, this is Nurse Hendcott from Maryville Hospital, we are calling about a patient we just got in"

B- "A patient? Is it my sister? Please tell me its her? Please tell me someone found my baby sister"

N- "We do believe it is your sister, hold on a second sir''

The nurse turns to me" Whats the girls name?''

"Samantha. Um Samantha Adams, thats her brother Blake"

He nods and turns back to the phone.

N- "Is your sister Samantha Adams?"

B- ''Yes..omg yes yes. Thank the angels, oh my. Where is that hospital we are going now"

The nurse said the directions and hung up. He then called an officer to come ask me questions about the situation.

"Thanks officer" I reply.

Officer Williams walks away and i slump into my seat, the nurses won't say anything about Sam to nonfamily. I have no way of knowing, its not my business according to them. Thats doesnt calm my worry, i had been nothing but a donkey to her. All the guilt rises up and makes me sick.

I breath in and out and let my mind wander, her brothers need to get here soon, how much longer can she keep fighting? Or has she already lost?