♥Long Line to Home♥

∞Blake's POV∞

Beep

beep

beep

...

beep

I let go of my breath. Her breathing skipping around freezes my body. I look at my baby sister and feel like crying. I would of also if my brothers and cousins weren't next to me.

Samantha has IVs in both arms giving her fluids and so many other things hooked to her along with a tube down her throat, keeping her breathing. The tube is the only way she is alive right now. The doctors had already lost her twice.

I run a hand down my face and sigh. I hear one of my little brothers behind me snoring lightly and know this is hard on them. Its hard on all of us, but they shouldn't have to be looking at their dying little sister. Its my responsibility to protect my family therefore its my fault Sam is here at all.

"Hunter" I say.

Hunter lifts his head from where it rested on top of Tessa's as she sleeps on his lap.

"Hm? Yeah Blake?" Hunter whispers.

Hunter being the oldest out of any of us was my go to when things got rough. We shared the weight of taking care of our family. I took my brothers and sister while he took his sister and Layla, who had no one. He was 15 when the accident happened and i was a newly 14 year, just turned 14 a week before. Tessa was 10 and Layla 9 same as Sam. We held our families together and it was hard for us being teenage basically parents.

"Would you mind taking everyone to a motel?" I ask.

That earns a groan from Logan as he comes out of his sleepy daze.

"Blake, come on sh-" Logan starts.

"No Logan, i will stay here. Go home, rest and come back tomorrow. Okay? I know you want to stay but you guys need rest" I say but with a beg hidden in my tone.

Logan's face softens and he nods his head. Knowing better to not make it worse or fight.

Hunter shifts and picks up Tessa, cradling her to him. "Blake im goign to come back after i drop them off, Logan your in charge" Logan nods thankful for something better than resting.

I open my mouth but get cut off from a look by Hunter. Its the 'I'm older and know better' look. I hate it but there's no getting around it. I just look back at Sam.

I hear everyone shuffle out and i fall back into my thoughts.

I barely hear the door open a while later. I barely respond to the steps and don't say anything when Hunter lays a hand on my shoulder.

"She's strong Blake, you know she is. That girl is a fighter" He chuckles" Throws a good right hook, can say that with evidence"

I feel a small smile tug at my lips. Sammy, when she was 11 was lying outside in the grass and Hunter went out to wake her. Freaked her out so bad, she gave him a nice shiner in the morning. He never woke her up again, no matter how much Sam says she's sorry and just wasn't fully awake.

I look at her now, so many wires and moniters. Her thin and pale body on the white, sterile hospital bed. My little sister should never be here, she's too young and innocent.

I lean forward, putting my head in my hands once more. Hunter's hand falls of my shoulder and he walks around to sit in the chair next to me. Staring forward, at the window but not really seeing. While i look at my sister, my only sister. The monitor next to her, showing her heartbeat, continued with a steady line of beats and noises. As long as that line goes up and down, she will be going home with her family. If it stops, and goes straight and no longer beats in a very irritating way but instead a loud stand out noise, with no end even though the lifeform attached to it, has long met their end.