♥Fine♥

3rd person view

"NATE! PUT.THE SYRINGE. DOWN. NOW" Hunter growled at the younger boy.

Nate held the syringe over his head as though he was about to stab Walt in the chest. They were all in Sam's hospital room, 6 days after she woke up. The only ones not there at the moment are Layla, Connor, and Blake. Layla and Connor are down in the cafeteria, eating, while Blake is home, taking a much needed shower.

Logan walked behind his twin and grabbed the syringe out of his hand before pulling him away. Walt, as always, said a not so appropriate joke about the shirt Nate is wearing and Nate snapped. He had picked up a syringe off a rolley cart nearby and proceeded to corner his younger sibling.

"Then tell him to SHUT UP! Its the only clean shirt i had!" Nate yelled crossing his arms over the green Hello Kitty shirt he got from a gas station years ago.

Hunter sighs in frustration and irritation. These boys are going to be the death of him. He's lucky all he deals with is 2 teenage girls, he would never be able to take care of 4 young boys and a girl like Blake does.

"Walt stop making fun of your brother and Nate stop trying to stab your brother. Both of you shut up and watch tv with Tessa and Sam" Hunter says pushing Walt towards the chairs next to Sam's bed.

Walt sits without complaint but Nate grumbles under his breath before plopping down in his seat. Hunter looks over at Logan standing where his twin just was and nods towards the other empty seat. Logan nods and sits to watch the cartoons also.

Blake better hurry before they lose interest in those cartoons...

∞  2 days later  ∞

"FOR PETE'S SAKE! SIT DOWN WALT!" Tessa yells losing her patience at the boy hopping all over the waiting room.

Walt now sticks his tongue out in mockery at his cousin. The 2 of them were forced to wait outside while the older kids helped check Sam out of the hospital and sign the papers. Connor and Layla once again in the cafeteria just to avoid sitting in the bland waiting room.

Walt decided it was a good idea to start goofing off and irritate Tessa and she is about ready to take a page out of Nate's book and grab a syringe. Just as she is about to stand up and throttle the life out of Walt, the doors open and her family walks out with Sam on crutches.

"Finally! Sam you almost had only 4 overprotective brothers" Tessa informs standing and walking over to where her brother stands.

Sam gives her a confused look until she sees how tired Walt is and put 2 and 2 together. Tessa never really did have much patience for Walt to begin with anyways.

∞ 1 Week Later  ∞  ♥Sam's POV♥

"WALT IF YOU DON'T STOP HITTING ME I AM GONNA TURN YOU INTO HARRY POTTER AND LOCK YOU IN A CUPBOARD!" I hear Blake shouting downstairs.

I smile at the normalcy in the house. Not everything is back to normal yet but just enough for it to not be tense. Tessa, Hunter, and Layla finally went home, Walt is as annoying as ever, Logan and Nate are outside chasing Connor with a water gun by the sounds of it, but unlike normal times im not out there with them. I'm not on Connor's side, ganging up on Logan and Nate or even downstairs watching in amusement as Walt prods at Blake's every last nerve. Nope i instead am sitting on my bed with a cast on my leg from my broken ankle and still healing ribs with breathing problems.

And to say it sucks is too much of an understatement. I stay up here knowing that if i go down there, it will remind them of the recent accident and i will be given constant worried glances. I know they mean well and i love them for how they act but i just want them to have fun for now. Take away the last few tense weeks and turn them into good-natured arguments and battles. I can go down later and be that presence but for now i enjoy the sounds of my life.

My big brothers being the 8 year olds they have always been. the soft wind from my open bedroom window and even the smells of the flowers and trees from the garden outside. I will take this stuff anyday over any boy or friend from school. This is my home, not just the structure where my bed and possessions lie but the whole picture.

I have 5 overprotective brothers, they drive me crazy but i love them too much to care.

I have 3 cousins just next door, ready to hang out with a call on the phone, and they practically are my brother and sisters for all i care.

Then there is the memories that surround the house, every memory of playing pirate in the pool, every memory of running through the woods and climbing into out treehouse, every memory of my brothers picking me up and spinning me around. There is even a small presence of my absent parents, just the small amount of good memories with them, even if there is only 1 or 2 of those.

That's my home and it's where im going to stay, Easton is going to jail for violence and it also turns out drug use, and Tim has apoligized and kept his distance after wards. I don't know what is with him, but i am thankful for him saving me.

Even if he is staying in town, i have nothing to worry about. I have 5 overprotective brothers that can cause any amount of trouble needed just to keep me safe. I will be just fine.

                                                                                    ♥∞THE END∞♥