♥Breathe♥

DISCLAIMER: SOME SWEAR, VERY MINIMAL

I gasp for breath.

I don't know what happened, at one moment i was kneeling in the field crying and screaming and the next it was pitch dark and i couldn't breathe.

I rub my throat as if i was about to start choking again. I look up from the ground and notice im on my knees on tiled floor. All around me there is people walking around, some in white coats and others in scrubs.

Hospital?

I slowly get to my feet and notice im a little shaky. I carefully walk toward the nearest room. I look in and see a boy, not more than 8, sleeping peacefully. Too peacefully. I walk over to his bed and notice the clipboard hanging off his bed. I bend down and look at it.

Just like i thought, Coma. I stand up again and stare sadly at the little boy. Then a young woman comes into the room and smiles sadly at the boy.

"Oh Toby, i hope you didn't think i left you. I just went to go talk to your... uh dad. He um he can't make it just sweetie but i uh i think he will soon" She soothes and sits down in the chair, smoothing back his hair.

I suddenly feel like im intruding, none of this is my business.

"Get better Toby, i think your Mom needs you" I whisper and exit the room.

I walk down the hall and see  another open door, i walk in and stop dead in my tracks.

There's a bed with an obvious body underneath but a sheet is covering the whole body, the face is not visible. The thing that made me stop though is Blake, Hunter, and Logan. There are looking at the body through tears. 

I hear yells in the hall behind me. I turn and see Connor and Walt being held back by a nurse. 

"I'm sorry but you are too young to go in" The nurse tries to explain.

"You don't understand, its my sister, its our baby sister" Connor tries to insist, pushing harder.

Then security came and grabbed both of their arms, pulling them away still yelling. I look back at Blake and Hunter. Logan is now stepping out of the room, most likely to soothe his distraught brothers. Blake has a blank, dead gaze. Old tear tracks clear on his face. Hunter has tears lightly slipping out and running down his face, but made no move to stop them. He clenched his jaw and left also.

Now with just Blake, i walk forward. I look at my..body. I don't need to hear the words. I know i'm dead. I feel like crying and instinct had me leaning into Blake but i never made contact, i slipped through him. Like all i was made of is smoke. I let out a dry sob, i will never be comforted by my big brothers again. 

I jolt my head up when i hear a voice, its raspy and hoarse.

''Sa- god i can't do this. I can't, your gone. I-i just-im so-i" Blake stutters and then leaves.

I watch him leave and i feel crushed. I try and follow but i can't move. I let out another sob and look at my corpse.

"You just had to die didn't you. Just had to give up? What about my brothers? They- i don't even want to know what they will do" I whisper.

I reach out my hand and allow it to rest on the bed. Okay objects i can touch, not people. I try and smooth down a crease but it won't go. Touch but not move, great. My hand falls back to my side.

I stand in silence for a moment until a wave of pure anger, anguish, and hate boils up and spills out. 

"GOD DAMN IT! WHY DID I LEAVE! THIS ISN'T WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! I WANTED TO LIVE! I WANTED TO LIVE GOD D-"I choke and slid to my knees, my head in my hands suddenly exhausted.

"Bring me back bring me back please please" I whimper.

I curl into myself and sob over and over" Please please"

Then everything goes dark and i can't breathe.

I moan, its raspy and hurt my throat. I hear a chair sliding and i hear a voice, far away? Then i hear beeping, and i feel a hand grasp mine.

I know that hand, it held mine when i was little crossing the street.

Blake

I slowly open my eyes and squint at the bright light in the room, a hospital room. I nearly hit Blake leaning over me when i sit up. Then i gasp in pain and flop back down. 

The voice comes back and i tune it in to hear it.

"-sy. Take it easy Sam, you just got out of a coma and not in the best shape" He lightly says running a hand through my greasy hair.

I look at him, he has dark circles under his eyes but theres a happy light in his eyes. Im guessing its because i woke up.

"Bl-ke" I croak smiling softly.

He full out grins and grabs a glass on the table beside me. He helps lift my head and i sip the water. When he sets it back down again, i have to ask.

"Im alive?"

He looks slightly startles but answers"Yeah Sam your alive, your gonna be okay"

I nod and lick my lips" Where- wheres everyone else?"

"Home, they uh they didn't take the news well of you being in a hospital and" He leans forward even more and there are now tears in his eyes" and it was really..touchy for a while"

"Touchy?"

"Sammy you- you left us for 2 minutes a day ago, i didn- i didnt know what to do. They got you back though and well i never left really"

I smile softly and slowly lift up a hand that has an IV in it. I reach up and run my hand through his mussed up hair. He's real, he's here, im safe.

My hand drops back down and i feel tired. My eyes grow heavy and i see Blake reach to grab my head and i swear i heard a whisper" Thank you for coming back little sis"

Then darkness once again takes its hold.