Chapter 9

I was being sick every other day for weeks now. I had no I dear what was wrong with me. This wasn’t like any other illness I have had. I wasn’t eating right because I could never keep it down; my mum and friends were getting worried about me…especially Conor, he insisted I go to the doctors but I hate the hospital, it brings back bad memories from when I was little. Eventually…I agreed to go seeing as it started getting out of hand, it had been happening for a month now and I was getting worried. Conor came with me as my mum was working and I preferred it, he kept me calm. After 15 minutes a lady came through a door and called out my name. I told Conor to stay seated as I wanted to go in on my own which he didn’t look happy about but he didn’t argue. “Okay what seems to be the problem here then, (Y/N)?” “Well I keep being sick,” she was making notes on a bit of lined paper. “And how long has this happened for?” “…about a month…” she scribbled more notes down. “And if you don’t mind me asking, when was your last menstrual cycle?” I had to think about it for a while and I remembered that I was a week before we went to Nando’s. I told the lady and she laid her pen and paper down on the table. “(Y/N), have you had sexual intercourse in the last month or so?” My body went numb. I slowly nodded my head. “Please don’t tell me you think I’m…I’m pregnant…” I felt like I was going to be sick. “There’s only one way we can be sure at this early of a stage…” she went to her desk draw and pulled out a little box with the words ‘Pregnancy test’ on it. “Go home, do the test and if it reads negative, come back and see me and we will run some tests on you.” She smiled at me and I just nodded my head. I put the pregnancy test in my bag and ran to the bathroom. I burst out crying. I felt like I was going to faint so I sat down on the toilet and rested my face in my hands. I cleaned myself up and made my way back to Conor. “Everything okay babe?” What was I going to tell him? I couldn’t tell him that there’s a chance I could be pregnant so all I managed out was, “They think I’ve got a virus, they’ve given me some medication, and I should be okay in a week’s time.” I managed a quick smile and Conor drove me home. “Nothing serious then?” I smiled at him, “No, as long as I take my medication I’ll be fine.” “Okay well I’ll see you tomorrow,” Conor gave me a light kiss and made his way home.

I ran upstairs and slammed my bathroom door shut. I pulled out the pregnancy test and once I had finished I left it for a while. I sat on my bed with my arms wrapped around my legs with my eyes forced shut. It seemed like forever went passed but the time was up and I picked up the pregnancy test. Positive. I was pregnant. I was 17 and I was pregnant. My life had only just got started and it felt like it was already finishing. I’m not ‘mum material’ I don’t even like kids. The first thing that popped into my head was Conor. The dad. I couldn’t keep this from him. He deserved to know. It wouldn’t be right keeping this from him. I was going to his after college tomorrow so I would tell him then. I ran through scenarios in my head on ways to tell him that he was going to be a father. I had no idea how he’d react and I got scared. Would he leave me? No Conor’s not like that…or is he… I was so frightened on what the outcome would be. But I didn’t want to over think it so I went downstairs and made myself dinner after my mum called and told me she was going to be late home tonight. I just made myself some super noodles and watched a film. It finished at 9:00 and I was exhausted so I got an early night. I lay in bed and tears ran down my face and I cried myself to sleep. All this felt like a dream that I would soon wake up from…

College flew by, It was already lunch and I was sitting there in silence not listening to anyone when suddenly Tonez through a bit of paper at me. “(Y/N)?! Are you even listening to me?” I came back to reality. “Sorry what?” Tonez looked annoyed as he had to repeat himself. “Do you want to come town with us all tomorrow?” I smiled at him, “Uh…sure why not.” The conversations went on and I made a little bit of small talk now and again. The day finally ended and me and Conor made our way back to his. “You were very quiet today…” he said as he opened the front door. “Was i?” Conor new something was up and he wasn’t going to let it drop. “Okay what’s wrong?” He had a stern look on his face and I just went over to his sofa. “I think you should have a seat…” He looked worried. “Oh no, you’re breaking up with me aren’t you!” Conor looked like he was going to start crying. “NO! Look there’s no easy way of saying this so…here it goes…” Conor took a seat and I sat next to him and took his hands in mine. “Conor…” “Yes?...” “…I’m pregnant…”