Chapter 13

The piece of advice that Neyo gave to Conor was, “just remember, you will be giving up a large piece of your life.” What would Conor be giving up to be famous? His family, friends…everything? I’ve seen how people act about Justin Bieber he’s not even seen as a human being any more…more like a toy…What if Conor gets treated like that, not being able to step outside his door without a crazed fan coming up to him acting like a maniac. What if Conor forgets who he really is…What if Conor forgets how much I love him. His voice broke my thoughts. “Can you believe this (Y/N)! I could be famous!” I put on my most enthusiastic voice as possible, “I’m so happy for you baby.” I gave him a quick smile but he knew something was wrong. “Come upstairs for a bit.” We went upstairs and he shut the bedroom door behind him. “What’s wrong? I’ve just been told that I’m going to be able to achieve my dream and you look like someone’s slapped you round the face?” “I’m happy for you Conor, oh I really am. But did you not here what Neyo said! You are going to be giving up your whole life! You won’t ever be able to get it back!” I was shouting at him now. “When you decide what you want to do, that decision is going to stick with you for the rest of your life, you’re going to be going on tour, not being back for months, having random strangers come up to you in the street asking for you to sign stuff and take pictures with you and you are going to have millions of girls trying to get into bed with you! WHAT ABOUT ME CONOR! ARE YOU GOING TO FORGET ABOUT ME IN ALL OF THIS! How do you know that when you become famous you’re not going to want me anymore! When you could have any girl you want out there! Why would you stick around with a nobody like me! I’m just going to be ‘(Y/N), the girl who has nothing’! Why would you even want me anymore!?” Conor looked stunned, I had never shouted at him like that before but everything I said was true. “You are not a nobody (Y/N), you are the girl I love. You are the girl that I would do anything for and you are the girl that means the world to me. But why can’t you be happy for me? When I become famous I’m still going to be the same old Conor in the inside. I am still going to be the boy who fell in love with a beautiful, funny, amazing girl.” He was walking towards me and I looked down. He put his hand under my chin and made me look at him. “I don’t want any other girl (Y/N), I want you.” He pressed his lips onto mine and they moved in sync. “I don’t want you to change Conor…” “I’m not going to change, but you need to understand that this is something I want to do and If…you don’t want me to do it…then I won’t…” it sounded like it killed him to say these words. I couldn’t believe it. If I didn’t want Conor to get signed, I could just say so and he would turn Neyo down. But I could never do that to the boy I love. He’d say he would understand but in the inside I knew he would be distraught. This could be Conor’s only chance to do what he has always wanted to do and I wouldn’t take that away from him…I couldn’t…no matter how much It would kill me to hardly see Conor. This was his dream and I wasn’t going to be the person who took it away from him. “Do it.”

Conor called Neyo the next day and he was thrilled to here Conor’s decision. In a months’ time, Conor was going to fly to LA and I wasn’t going to see him for months. When he told me this, I broke down in front of him and he hugged me and told me he was sorry. It was a week before Conor was leaving and he had a phone call when I was round his. “Hello? Are you kidding me!” Conor sounded so happy, what was he just told that made him like this? “Thank you so much, okay bye!” He came running into the living room again and picked me up off the sofa. “What was that all about.” I giggled. “That was Neyo, he said that if I wanted to…” he paused a little, just smiling to himself. “Well spit it out then!” “I can bring you to LA with me!” What! I had the choice to go to LA?! This was Amazing! “So will you come!?” A huge smile spread across my face. “Of course I will!” I laughed and Conor squeezed me tight. I couldn’t believe this. I was going to America with Conor!