Chapter 12

Things were almost back to the way they were before. Me and Conor were back to normal and I loved him more than ever. I had started focusing on college again, since the miscarriage I wasn’t doing too well and my grades were slowly slipping but I was determined to do well. Conor had uploaded 10 covers in 8 months and each of them had a huge amount of views on it. Our cover we did together had the most views, 30,000. I never thought it would get that big! I was at Conor’s with Alex and Amanda. I think something was going on with them two; they were spending a lot of time together recently, good for them. We were all just downstairs talking when Conor’s phone rang. “I’ll be right back.” He got up and went to answer the phone. “Hello…yes this is Conor…WHAT?!...is this some kind of joke?...Yeah I’m free tomorrow…at 2…yeah that’s fine…okay bye!” Conor came back into the room looking stunned. “What was that all about?” “It was Neyo’s assistant. Neyo wants to see me tomorrow about my singing!” “WHAT!! Bro that is sick!! This isn’t a joke right?!” “Didn’t sound like it!” “Congratulations baby!” I got up and hugged him. Neyo was big and he might be changing Conor’s life forever, my baby could be huge.

Conor’s P.O.V-

I had (Y/N), Alex and Amanda round, we were all having a laugh and it was like old times. The phone rang so I got up to answer it. “I’ll be right back.” I got up and answered the phone. “Hello.” “Hello, is this Conor Maynard?” “Yes this is Conor,” “Hello there Conor! This is Neyo’s assistant, and yes I mean Neyo the singer, he has spotted your videos on youtube and thinks you have a real talent.” “WHAT?!...is this some kind of joke?” “No sir, are you free tomorrow?” “Yeah I’m free tomorrow,” “Well would it be okay to meet you at 2 tomorrow? We will come to you.” “At 2…yeah that’s fine,” “Well we look forward to seeing you Mr Maynard.” “Okay bye!” I couldn’t believe it, it felt like a dream that I was going to wake up from. I went and told my friends and they were so happy. “Congratulations baby!” (Y/N) got up from her seat and gave me a tight hug, I wrapped her tight and whispered in her ear, “You got me here, thank you so much.” She kissed me and hugged me tighter. If this wasn’t a joke, I could be big; this is Neyo we are talking about…

It was 2 and I was wearing my best clothes, I wanted to dress to impress. It was half 2 when Neyo finally showed up, he was late and it made me think he wasn’t coming but when there was a knock at my door my heart was pounding. (Y/N) was here with me and so was my mum and dad. When I told them they thought I was joking at first but when they realized how serious I was, they were so happy for me. Neyo came in and took a seat on my sofa. “So Conor, I can’t stay long but, I saw your YouTube videos, all of them, weren’t you in one of them to?” he pointed at (Y/N) and she nodded her head with a huge smile on her face. “You were amazing, but Conor, I would like to get you signed, I know you are going to be big, I mean look at the views on your videos already, think what you’re going to be like if you become famous. You have a serious talent man and I want to help you get big, girls will love you, you’ve got the voice and the looks and I can just tell that we have a star here, you many want some time to think about my offer so here are my contact details,” he handed me a small card with his name and numbers on. “Call me whenever to let me know what you have decided but just remember, you will be giving up a large piece of your life.” He got up from his seat shook my hand and him and his assistant left. I had a lot of thinking to do.