Chapter 20

“Conor I’ve missed you so much!” he was still standing outside and I couldn’t stop kissing him. “I’ve missed you two, these last couple of months dragged without you being with me.” “Come on, come inside.” Conor came in, he had already been home to see his family and came and saw me as soon as possible. “So how was America?” “It was great, they’re happy with my work and an album has been produced!” That was quick. “I met up with Anth again too, that guy is talented!” I listened to Conor’s stories for almost an hour, I was just happy he was home. “So anything interesting happen since I’d been gone?” Immediately, Alex’s stupid move he made on me popped into my mind, I couldn’t tell Conor or he’d go mental. “Nope, just the usual, College, revising, same old boring stuff!” “Oh, well that sucks! Anyway, now that I’m back what do you want to do today?” “Hmm…how about we just have a night in? It’s my birthday next week so we can do something big then!” I was going to turn 18. I hadn’t really mentioned anything because I didn’t want a big fuss. Conor turned 18 a while ago and we celebrated his with a few friends round and got drunk. I could tell by Conor’s face he had forgotten all about it. “Oh yeah! Your birthday! I’m going to take you out, you, me, Alex, George, Tonez, Megan and Amanda.” As soon as he said Amanda’s name a disgusted look appeared on my face, “Not Amanda, we fell out, long story!” He just nodded his head and we carried on with the rest of the night.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” My mum came rushing through the door and opened my curtains. “Mum I was sleeping…” I tiredly snapped at her. “Oh come on get up your 18! Happy Birthday to you…” she began singing happy birthday to me but I threw a pillow at her. “No. Stop.” She just laughed, “Well get up, breakfast is almost ready!” I just groaned at her and had a few more seconds of rest then slowly got up and made my way downstairs. She had made me a special ‘Birthday Breakfast’ and I scoffed it down quickly. “So I didn’t get you much but here.” My mum handed me an envelope and I quickly opened it. She had a big grin on her face as I pulled out two tickets out of the envelope. My mum had bought me tickets to see One Direction! “MUM! Oh my god thank you so much!” I got up and hugged her, “I’m glad you like them, I have a few more bits for you to open.” She went upstairs and came down with a big bag full of presents. “Mum! How much did you spend!” She just laughed. “Well you are only 18 once!” we sat at the table and I opened my presents, my mum had bout me a black short dress and heels which I decided I would wear out with my friends tonight, CD’s and some other cool things. “So where are you going tonight?” “I don’t know, it’s a surprise, Conor won’t tell me.” I hate surprises and Conor was keeping where we going tonight a secret. “Well have fun!”

Time to get ready. I had a shower, dried my hair then curled it. I then applied my makeup; I put a dark smokey eye shadow on with long eyelashes and then put some red lipstick on and applied a layer of foundation. I quickly slipped my dress on then put my heels on. Conor turned up soon after, I opened the door to him and he looked stunned. “(Y/N)…you look so beautiful!” My cheeks burned and I could tell I was blushing, hopefully he couldn’t tell as it was so dark. “Come on lets go.” “Okay, are you sure you can’t tell me where we’re going, please!” Conor wasn’t giving in. “No just wait!” I let out a huge sigh but followed him to his car. I sat down in the passenger seat and drove off down the road. One of Conor’s hands was placed on my bare thigh and he was tracing circular shapes on my skin. Goosebumps appeared where ever he touched me and I felt an electric current run down my spine. He started to move his hand up further up my thigh and slowly down again. He did this several times and then I caught his hand in mine and ran it back up my thigh getting closer to my sensitive area. I could see him smile from the Conor of his eye. “Your dress is very revealing tonight (Y/N).” He chuckled to himself and then our fingers entwined and we held hands for the rest of the journey. We finally arrived outside a nightclub and I could see the sign said ‘Schmooze’ “Here we are.” I could here the music from inside and I couldn’t wait to get in! All my other friends were waiting in the line, they were almost at the front when we reached them. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Y/N)!” All my friends shouted to me at the same time. I could see Alex staring at me, looking at me from head to toe and it made me feel awkward. I hugged all my friends…including Alex and soon we managed to get in the club. It was full but not uncomfortably full. We all went over to the bar and got drinks then started to dance.

As the night went on I got even tipsier. And by the end of the night I was completely out of it and so was everyone else. Me and Conor had separated so I slowly went round to try and find him. I couldn’t find him anywhere in the club so I went to the toilets to see if he was in there. The Toilets were Unisex so I could tell if he was in here. One toilet door was closed and it was silent until I heard groanings and names being called from the toilet. All I heard was “CONOR!” my hands rushed to my mouth and I was shocked, a part of me inside of me was telling me ‘It might not be him’ but I was almost certain it was. I went over to the door and pushed it ever so slightly. Tears ran down my face as I saw Conor sitting down on the toilet with a girl on his lap, riding him. Conor saw me straight away and pushed the girl off. “(Y/N)! IT’S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.” The girl ran out of the toilet and Conor started to walk towards me. “How…how could you! And on my birthday?!” He tried to put his hand on my face but I pushed it away and slapped him as hard as I could around the face and ran out of the toilet. I could hear him calling and running after me. I quickly slipped my heels off and ran out the club. Alex was outside getting some fresh air and he saw me running. “(Y/N)! What’s wrong!” I didn’t turn around to look at him, I just kept on running. I tripped over my own feet and crashed to the floor. My hands and knees started to sting but I just got back up and quickly found a taxi. I gave him my address and he just drove off. I looked out my window and saw Conor searching for me. It just made me cry harder as I saw his face. I can easily say that this was the worst birthday ever.