Chapter 14

I hadn’t told my mum I was going to LA yet, I guess I was scared she wouldn’t let me go so I told her the night before. Big mistake. “Mum I need to talk to you.” She was already in a bad mood this evening. Great. “I’m busy so make it quick.” I took in a breathe “A few days ago, Conor got a call from Neyo saying he could bring a passenger with him to LA so he invited me. We leave tomorrow.” “Excuse me! You think you’re going to give me a night’s notice that you’ll be flying to America? Well think again missy, there is no way I am letting you fly to America with Conor tomorrow, what kind of a parent do you take me for!? Who knows what you two will do over there? Maybe you’ll get pregnant like last time knowing you, you little slut!” I couldn’t believe the words had just come out of my own mother’s mouth. I knew she regretted them already but it was too late. A fire was building up in me and I wasn’t going to hold back anymore. I lifted my hand up and slapped my mother round the face with as much force as I could. Her face was to the ground and I whispered in her ear. “Well, I know who I get that from now then don’t I.” I went upstairs and got my suitcase. I wasn’t going to stay in this house any longer so I texted Conor.

To Conor:

Can you come round to get me now, didn’t turn out well, will explain when you’re here.x

I got a reply from Conor instantly

From Conor:

Sure, will be round in 5.x

There was a knock at my door and I quickly got my suitcase and dragged it to the door, I beat my mum to it and quickly opened the door to find Conor standing there. I was about to leave when my mum grabbed my arm. “There is no way in hell are you leaving with him tonight (Y/N)!” I shook her hand off and looked her dead in the eye, invading her personal space. “Oh yeah, and who’s going stop me?” I walked out the door and loaded my suitcase into Conor’s car. My mum was running to the car now but before she could reach us Conor sped away down the road. “What was that all about?!” “I told my mum that we were going to LA tomorrow and she wasn’t happy. Let’s just say she got a slap round the face.” I didn’t tell Conor about what my mum said which made me slap her round the face but he guessed she deserved it. “So is it okay if I sleep round yours tonight?” “Of course.”

We got to Conor’s house and I was welcomed by his Mum and Dad. “It’s nice to you again (Y/N).” “You too.” I gave them a polite smile and me and Conor went upstairs. “So, LA tomorrow,” I gave him a little wink. “Yeah, are you sure about this though I mean, if you go then your mum is going to go mental.” “Conor I’m almost 18, I think I’m old enough to take care of myself for a while.” “Well only if you’re sure about this then.” We talked for hours about tomorrow and we were both so excited, I’d never been abroad before so this was going to be my first real holiday and I couldn’t think of anyone better to spend it with. We both fell asleep pretty early as we had to be up by 5 as our flight left pretty early. Conor’s alarm woke us both up and we made our way to the airport. We got there in plenty of time and we were waiting for our flight. I was on my phone texting Amanda and Megan telling them how excited I was. “Oh my god yes! Free public Wi-Fi!” “So we’re flying to America soon and all you’re happy about is the fact there is free public Wi-Fi in the airport, ‘ooo free public Wi-Fi!’” he tried to do an impersonation of my voice and he made me laugh. Eventually we were called to board the plane. We sat down in our seats and waited for the plane to take off. “Hello everyone, this is the captain speaking, please make sure all your seatbelts are tightened as we are about to take off.” A few minutes later the plane started to move. “LA here we come!”