Chapter 4

*Oliver's P.O.V.*

"Holy s.hit, oh f.uck. Oh f.uck. Someone help me." Ronnie said, as we all tried to gather around, looking at him holding on to Jack's body.

"Is he alive?" Juliet asked and I watched Austin walk towards his body, looking it over.

He touched his neck, checking his pulse and shook his head and my attention immediately went to Alex. Him and Alex had just recently broke up, so I knew this would be pretty big on him, and in fact it was. I watched as his face slowly grew pale and his eyes began to water, his hands gripping onto the shirt he was wearing. He moved past the crowd, having to push some people, including me out the way and I let him. He made Austin move away from his body, shaking as he wanted to touch him, but everything in him wouldn't allow it. His hands hovered over the body, one going to his mouth as he tried to hold back his sobs. His hand slowly touched Jack's face, pushing his hair back and crying more, Ricky going over towards him and rubbing his back.

"He's in a better place." Ricky said and Alex pushed him back hard as h.ell, looking at him with such anger.

"Don't tell me that crap Ricky! Just leave me the f.uck alone." He yelled loudly at him and Ricky held up his hands defensively, backing away from him.

Alex choked on his tears, slowly looking back at Jack and going to his side, kneeling down and caressing his hair slowly. I felt bad for the lad, the fact that he just lost someone he loves, it must be pretty hard to take. I looked at Ronnie who was rubbing his face in frustration, kind of mourning the lost. I looked down at Hannah and motioned toward Ronnie with my head. She looked and turned back to me with a slight smile and mouthed 'go' and I nodded before going. I passed in front of people who were just murmuring about how bad it all looked and how much this was affecting Alex, and it was really ridiculous. When I was close to Ronnie, he looked up at me and sighed as I stopped and stood beside him.

"How did this happen?" I asked, my attention now solely focused on Ronnie who just looked at Alex. He shook his head and shrugged, trying to think and trying to come up or sum into words what happened.

"Uh, I came back here and I saw him on the ground. I-I looked at him, and when I touched the back of his head." He sighed and showed his hands, blood staining them. "There was so much." He whispered and I looked at Alex who was still just holding on to Jack, crying.

"Did you see how it could have happened?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I didn't have time." He said and I looked back to Alex and then saw Austin break back apart before going to Jack's body. I'm assuming he heard me and Ronnie because he picked up his head and touched the back of it, only making Alex cry more.

"No, no." He cried and I watched Pamela go to him, hugging him and he cried into her arms. He clung to her tightly, crying harder and harder as Austin examined him.

"I need to roll him over." Austin announced and Alex shook his head.

"No, you, you'll get grass on him. He doesn't like grass being on him." Alex told him, but Austin was about to anyway.

"Alex, I need to know and I have to see. So I must turn him over." Austin said and Alex nodded through his tears. Austin sighed before carefully moving his body onto the side and slowly laying it face down in the dirt. At the sight of the blood and the gash in his head, Alex started to cry more and more.

"Alex, shh. Here, come take a walk with me." Pamela said, standing up and taking Alex's hand, but he pulled it away fiercely.

"Don't touch me. I don't want to leave him." He practically screamed at her. "I'm not leaving him." He said, looking at Austin examine and touch the back of his head and I scrunched my face up in disgust.