Chapter 8

*Josh's P.O.V.*

I stared down at the head of someone who had just been so full of life, and now it was as if there never really was a life in him. His face was so expressionless and his skin had turned pale, his body crashed down where he stood just moments before. And everyone stood there in horror as no one even saw it coming. His fingers twitched for a few seconds and then stopped, signaling his body had lost its connection with life. I looked around at the people inside the house, whose faces mocked mine. Their jaws dropped in disbelief, Ash covering her face and Phil, the one most shocked, had tears springing to his eyes. It's scary how at one moment you can lose someone you never thought you could.

-flashback-

I had become very tired and slightly irritated with being here, because really it just seemed like a couples getaway. There was nothing here for me to reminisce about with anyone, the people that I did talk to weren't exactly the best people now. Or they were to busy dealing with life to want to even talk. I had no one here that wanted to even do anything, they were all just standing around, and for what, I don't know. They seemed to scared to go upstairs because of Brendon, but too scared to do anything else. It was ridiculous.

I had walked around some to the people that were just standing there, holding each other, or wondering what to do next. I was looking at them and actually laughing about how much they actually did change from high school to now. Juliet was sitting on the base of the stairs and in high school she had swore that she'd be the one to marry Andy. Onision said he'd actually beat her to it and he was over by Gerard, talking about anime. Frank and Gerard were best friends in high school, but now they couldn't even be next to each other.

Alysha and Erin apparently were still friends and Mike and Tony seemed to be too, even though Mike was no where to be found. Those 4 had been the closest knit group in the entire school, and seemed to be the only ones who were still together. Alysha and Erin were both cheerleaders, and they did everything together, so it's no surprise there. I saw Dan and Phil were still closer than ever, in fact I think they're married. They had been best friends since I've known them and seems that they've gotten even closer. I looked at Andy and Ashley who seemed to be drifting off to sleep and decided not to bother them. I walked along and ventured off into the direction of Dan and Phil, smiling and waving at them. Phil smiled and waved back, but Dan, he seemed to be having a moment.

"But please." He whined slightly as I got to him, but Phil shook his head, lacing their fingers together. I watched his arms extend, making Dan go away from him, then retract to pull him back in.

"We ate before we got here." Phil told him and Dan just whine more and Phil huffed.

"That was nearly 16 hours ago, please?" He begged again, and Phil shook his head.

"But I'd rather you stay here with me." Phil said and I could hear the fear in his voice with the thought of something happening to Dan.

"I'm hungry though." Dan whined close to Phil, leaning against him like a baby and doing a little stump.

"Dan, just wait." Phil told him sternly, but he wasn't really in the mood to wait.

"But I'm hungry." He said, starting to stump more, but it seemed that no one was really paying much attention to them except for me.

"Are you sure you haven't switched brains with one of the kids you teach?" Phil laughed and took Dan into his arms, and I smiled a little as Dan laid on Phil's chest.

"But I'm hungry. My tummy's growling." He said and started to rub his own belly. "Hear it?" He asked and Phil laughed, making Dan move his hand as he started to rub his belly and kiss his cheek.