Chapter 9

*Ashley's P.O.V.*  

Andy was holding me in his arms and it was really cold and I hate to say that the fire from the explosion of Phil's car was the only warmth I truly felt. Andy's mind was off elsewhere and I could tell because he'd look down at me, but only to see if I could see what he was doing. Whenever he'd look away, is follow his gaze to Kellin, and it hurt to know that he was thinking about him. I'd rub his chest soothingly and he'd look down at me for a quick glance then back at him and I felt him rub my side. I waited to see if he'd notice I was looking at him and he did eventually, giving me a soft smile and kissing me.

It wasn't really what I wanted, and it didn't do me any type of justice to get a kiss. What I wanted was his attention, and to get it, I was going to be the one to have his attention and only his attention. I moved from his arms as he looked at Kellin and Vic, Kellin climbing on to Vic's back, both of them laughing. He didn't seem to notice at first, he was too busy looking at Kellin. I was just disgusted at him, how be was treating me like I'm just a substitute for something he can't have. I folded my arms around my body and made my way towards the house, but jumped a little when I felt an arm wrap around me. I turned to see Andy looking concerned and pull me into his arms and I fought to move away.

"What's wrong?" He said, letting go of me like I wanted and I pushed him back.

"I don't know, go ask Kellin." I told him and he stood in place, in shock and tried to grab me again but I didn't want to start something in front of everyone. He took ahold of my arm and pulled me into him.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He said and I looked away, not wanting to hear any of it. "Ashley." He said and I didn't pay any attention to him.

"No, no you're not Andy." I told him, looking at him as he sad eyes tried to apologize, but I wasn't going to deal with that. I tried to go into the house, but he wouldn't let me go, he just pulled me back so everyone could pass. He watched as everyone, including Vic and Kellin passed by, going in the house with playful grins.

"Listen, I know that I haven't exactly showed or proved that I really want to be back with you, but I do. Ashley, I love you like no other, and I want more than anything to come back home. To talk to more surrogates and we can start that family we both want. Just-just please trust me when I say I do love you and want to be with you." He told me, but no matter how hard I wanted to believe him, I couldn't. I shook my head, making him bite the inside of his jaw.

"Andy, it's plain to see that you're into Kellin, not me. You like him and you're just settling for me." I told him and he tried to choke back his tears.

"Ashley, I swear to you, I only love you. I do, I truly do and i wouldn't be with Kellin even if I could." He said and I swallowed hard, trying to control myself, and looked into his eyes. Those same blue eyes that pulled me in those few years ago, and they were doing it again.

"B-but you were looking at him." I said, stuttering some from how cold I was and the tears I was fighting.

"So, so what? Yes, I was looking at him, but I don't want him." I turned my head from him to the house and he made me look at him again. "If I wanted Kellin, I'd be trying to get with him right now instead of begging you. I only want you." He said again and I felt a twinge in my heart that maybe he was telling the truth.

"I don't want to get hurt Andy. I'm tired of putting my all and-"

"And I'll put forth more effort. I'll try and I'll show you how much I love you. I'll come home and we'll go out on dates or something. I'll call you during my lunch, or I can come eat lunch with you. When we get home, I can call the agency and we can have 4 surrogates, I'll make sure we have our family and I'll show you so so much love." He told me, cupping my cheeks and wiping away the tears I hadn't noticed were falling. He kissed my eyes and my cheeks that were wet, and my forehead, only making the tears worse.